Passport Acceptance Facility
As a service to the University community, UWF Postal Services provides information on the requirements needed to apply for a passport on campus.
Applying for a U.S. Passport
UWF Postal Services is now an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility for students, faculty, staff and the public. This service is perfect for those who are preparing to study or travel abroad. The facility is located at UWF Postal Services in the UWF Commons (Building 22).
Appointment Hours - Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Appointments are required and can be made by calling 850.474.2436. Schedule yours today!
The Application Process
Read and complete Form DS-11 if you're applying for the first time, you're applying for your child who is under age 16, or you don't meet the requirements to renew your passport. Read and complete Form DS-82 if you meet the requirements to renew your passport. Keep in mind that children under age 16 cannot renew their passports.
Please comply with the general information on first four pages of application. Bring the completed form (black ink) with you. You must complete items 1-21. Do not sign the application until asked to do so by the person accepting application.
Four items needed in addition to the application include:
1. Proof of U.S. Citizenship – Applicants born in the U.S. - Submit a previous U.S. Passport or certified birth certificate. Passports that are limited in validity must be supplemented by other evidence. A birth certificate must include your full name, date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records (state, country, or city/town office), and the full names of your parent(s).
- If your birth certificate was filed more than one-year after your birth, or no birth record exists, or you were born outside the U.S. see Information for First Time Applicants for more specific details and requirements and special requirements for children.
- If you are 16 years of age or older your passport is valid for 10 years.
- If you are under sixteen years of age your passport is valid for 5 years.
2. Proof of Identity – You should submit items such as the following containing your signature AND a photograph that is a good likeness of you: previous or current U.S. passport book; previous or current U.S. passport card; driver's license (not temporary or learner's license); Certificate of Naturalization; Certificate of Citizenship; military identification; or federal, state, or municipal government employee ID Card.
3. Recent Color Photograph – Photographs that are required are available at the time of application for $15.00. Or, you can provide your own that meet all Passport Photo Requirements. Photo must be a clear, color photograph of you alone, full front view, on quality white paper, sufficiently recent to be a good likeness of you (taken within the last six months), without a hat, head covering or dark glasses, and 2x2 inches in size. Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Passport Book Fee - Adult $130; Child $100.00
- Passport Card Fee - Adult $30.00; Child $15.00
- Passport Book & Card Fee - Adult $140.00; Child $95.00
- Execution Fee - $35.00 for each application; effective April 2, 2018
- Photo Onsite: $15.00
- Two Required Payments: All Passport Fees are made payable to the US Department of State. All Execution and Photo Fees are made payable to UWF. Money orders are available at the UWF Post Office for cash and $1.25 money order fee. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Families may write one check listing each family member and their date of birth.
- Mailing: Regular postal rates apply.
- For the most current information, view the US Passport Fees Chart from the Department of State.
How Long Does it Take for Delivery?
- Routine - 14-16 weeks
- Expedited delivery may also be available