All students who park on University property are required to register their vehicle and display their parking permit.
Commuter and resident parking permits
Student parking permits may be purchased online only via MyUWF. To purchase a parking permit, visit MyUWF and type "Parking Transaction Portal" into the search field. Open the app, use the "UWF Login" button then enter your UWF username and password. Select "Get Permits" from the menu and follow the prompts. You may choose to have your permit mailed to you, or select to pick it up on campus at Parking and Transportation Services, Bldg. 20W, Room 151. Visit purchasing a parking permit (link) in Confluence for step-by-step instructions.
Semester permits may be purchased at 1/2 the yearly rate. Permits available to students include:
- Resident (blue or black) – $145.00 yearly
- Commuter (green) – $114.00 yearly
- Motorcycle (brown) – $73.00 yearly
- Remote Lot (red) – $57.50 yearly
It is strongly recommended that all students become familiar with UWF/REG 5.001 Parking and Registration (pdf). For complete information on parking lot designations, see the 2020-21 Parking Map (PDF) or view the new Interactive Parking Map at uwf.edu/campusparking.
Commuter parking areas are designated by signage with the word COMM in a text box. Commuters may park in faculty/staff areas after 4:30pm and may also park in numbered, reserved spaces after 5:30pm. Resident lots and spaces never become open to other permit types. If you are a commuter, and want no parking tickets, park in the areas indicated in green and pink on the (pdf).
Resident parking is designated by residence hall and color. Permits are only valid in the specific lots as indicated:
- Students living in Pace, Argo, Heritage, Presidents and Martin Halls (blue) may park in Lots, Q, S, T, U, Y and the bottom three rows of Lot P. The top 2 rows of Lot P are for Faculty and Staff. Residents may also park in the following open lots: B, E, J, L, M, Z, EE, DD, FF and SP1. If you live in one of these resident halls, and want no parking tickets, park in the areas indicated in blue on the new Interactive Parking Map at uwf.edu/campusparking.
- Students living in Village East and Village West (black) may park in Lots GG and HH. Village East and Village West residents may also park in the following open lots: B, E, J, L, M, Z, EE, DD, FF and SP1. If you live in one of these resident halls, and want no parking tickets, park in the areas indicated in black on the new Interactive Parking Map at uwf.edu/campusparking.
- Note: After 4:30pm, residents may park in any commuter or faculty/staff space, provided the vehicle is moved and legally parked by 7:00am. The numbered reserved spaces become open after 5:30pm.
About "Remote Lot" parking permit: Students, faculty, and staff can choose the remote parking permit option at a reduced price point of $57.00. The remote parking area is Lot SP2 close to the ball fields (not in core campus). During fall and spring, the Campus Express trolley is scheduled to run to the Remote Lot parking, Target Shopping Center, and the core campus daily until 8:20pm. Keep in mind that permitted vehicles may park in commuter spaces after 4:30pm.
Temporary permits are available via MyUWF through the "Parking Transaction Portal." Visit how to print your free 14 day temporary permit (link) in Confluence for step-by-step instructions. They are also available at Parking Services in Bldg. 20W, Room 151 during weekdays from 8am to 5pm except on UWF holidays. After hours and weekends, temporary permits are available at the UWF Police office (Bldg. 94).
Loading Zone Parking: The period of use for loading or unloading purposes will be restricted to 2 hours. Prior permission from Parking Services to park in a Loading Zone is required. Parking regulations in Loading Zones will be enforced at all times.
For extra safety, visit the UWF Police website for Parking Lot Safety Tips (link).