Sport Club Council
The Sport Club Council (SCC) is the governing body of the UWF Sport Club program and is made up of elected Sport Club members. The SCC Executive Board is a division within the SCC created to collectively represent the SCC.
Sport Club Council
The SCC is the governing body of the UWF Sport Club program. The SCC works in partnership with the Competitive Sports staff for the advancement of the Sport Club program. The SCC will act as an advisory committee, advocate for sport clubs and provide a format to exchange information regarding sport club activities.
Membership of the SCC is limited to one member per club that is designated at the time the club is established into the Sport Club program. Each member must be in good standing with the University and his/her club. If for some reason, a club’s SCC representative can no longer perform responsibilities related to the SCC, the club must immediately elect a new representative. All members of the Sport Club Council must carry a 2.5 G.P.A. for the length of their term. Finally, all members of the SCC must sign the Sport Club Council Contract.
- Attend monthly SCC meetings.
- Elect the SCC Executive Board.
- Hear sport club presentation proposals and vote to grant Provisional and Recognized status to new and existing clubs.
- Suggest improvements to the point system, policies and procedures of the sport club program.
- Be knowledgeable of the Sport Club Discipline process to aid the Executive Board in discipline decisions if needed.
- Vote on Sport Club Awards.
- Update the council on their club's events, information, etc.
- Share ideas, suggestions and concerns.
The Sport Club Council will meet on a monthly basis. Meeting dates and times can be found on the last page of the Sport Club Handbook. Acquiring two absences from any regularly scheduled meeting, a meeting scheduled by the Competitive Sports Office, or by two members of the Board (members must be notified of the meeting at least 48 hours in advance) will result in immediate removal from the council. The club that member belonged to will then be required to elect a new SCC Representative immediately.
Sport Club Council Executive Board
The SCC Executive Board is a division within the SCC created to collectively represent the SCC. The main priority of the Executive Board is to consider the best interest of all sport clubs and carry out the recommendations made by the SCC for the prosperity of the Sport Club program.
The Executive Board is made up of four SCC members from Recognized clubs. As with the overall SCC, the Executive Board is advised by the Competitive Sports staff. Membership on the Executive Board will be based on nominations (self-nominations are allowed). Nominations will be brought to the SCC for a vote. The nominee with the highest votes will become the Executive Board Chair. The next three nominees with the highest votes will become the rest of the Executive Board. Ties will be cause for a re-vote.
If a member of the Board can no longer fulfill his or her duties, members of the SCC may be nominated to fill the seat and an election will take place in the same fashion as the original election. All members of the Executive Board must carry a 2.5 G.P.A. for the length of their term. Nominations and selection for the Executive Board will take place at the end of each academic year to determine next year’s Board. All members of the Executive Board must sign the Sport Club Council Executive Board Contract.
- Make improvements to point system as suggested by SCC.
- Handle all aspects of the Sport Club budget.
- Improve student development through the presentation of three workshops.
- Attend biweekly Executive Board meetings as well as monthly SCC meetings.
- Presenting the budget to the SGA Finance Committee.
- Determining the format of budget presentations for requesting clubs.
- Hearing budget presentations from all requesting clubs.
- Determining the overall Sport Club program budget request.
- Allocate funding to individual clubs based on program allocation process.
The Executive Board will meet on a biweekly basis and attend monthly SCC meetings. Exec Board meeting days and times will be determined by the Board at the beginning of each semester. Acquiring three absences from any regularly scheduled meeting, a meeting scheduled by the Competitive Sports Office, or by two members of the Board (members must be notified of the meeting at least 48 hours in advance) will result in immediate removal from the Board.