Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions regarding Recreation and Wellness.
Health, Leisure and Sports Facility FAQs
UWF Students, Faculty, and Staff have FREE access with a current Nautilus Card or with the RecWell app.
- HLS members may sponsor two (2) guests over the age of 16 per visit.
- Guests over 16 must have an ID.
- Guests 16 or younger must be accompanied by an adult and cannot use the upper or lower fitness centers, or group fitness classes.
- Guest passes can be purchased at the Customer Service Desk for $8.00 per day.
- The sponsoring member must accompany his/her guest at all times and is responsible for the guest's actions.
- The guest may leave the facility at any time without the sponsoring member.
- The sponsoring member may not leave the HLS Facility without the guest.
- Patrons must wear proper work-out attire.
- Every user must wear a shirt, shorts/pants, and shoes.
- Jeans and cut-off shorts are not permitted.
- Shoes must be protective, closed-toe athletic shoes.
- No sandals, clogs, or boots.
Plastic water bottles are fine, but to keep our facility looking as clean as possible we ask that all patrons please consume any food and beverage items before coming downstairs to workout.
Getting started is easy! Just let a Fitness Center Monitor know you're ready to register for one of our many incentive programs, and they will assist you in registering on a tablet. You will then sign-in and track your progress via a tablet with each visit. Details for tracking progress can be different depending on the incentive program.
**Incentive programs are available to HLS Facility members only.
- Current fee paying students, faculty and staff can participate in Intramural Sports.
- You can register your team to play on IMLeagues.
- If you don't have a team, register as a free agent on IMLeagues.
- You must sign in with the Competitive Sports Supervisor before your game time with a government issued ID.
- There are directions to help you create your account for IMLeagues on our Online Registration Instructions.
- You can also find our semester schedule online.
- Contact us for more information: 850.474.2539 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current fee paying students, faculty and staff can participate in Sport Clubs. Faculty and staff can compete for the Club if the Club's constitution and governing body allows them to do so.
- You must register on IMLeagues in order to practice or play with a Sport Club.
- Sport Clubs are student ran and you can find out more information about each club at our Sport Clubs website.
- If you are interested in creating a new sport club, please review the Starting a Sport Club website and set up a time to meet with the Competitive Sports Office.
- Contact us for more information: 850.474.2521 or email@example.com
Comments or Questions about the HLS Facility?
Aquatic Center FAQs
The pool at the UWF Aquatic Center is an Olympic size pool. It measures 25 yards by 50 meters.
In order to swim one mile, you would need to complete 36 laps.
The UWF Aquatic Center pool holds 625,000 gallons of water.
The pool temperature is regulated at 82° year round.
The pool is setup with 25 yard lap lanes year round.
The UWF Aquatic Center pool ranges in depth from 4'2" to 14' 8".
The UWF Aquatic Center pool has both 1 meter and 3 meter spring boards.
The co-ed whirlpool will hold up to nine (9) people.
The co-ed dry sauna will hold up to six (6) people.