2019–2022 Strategic Plan
The Division of Academic Engagement and Student Affairs has established four goals that supplement the University's strategic plan.
Goal 1: Develop and deliver innovative programming, sound policy, and effective procedures that support curricular and co-curricular success and engagement.
- Enrich the learning environment by strengthening coordination with academic units.
- Enhance and maintain opportunities for high-impact learning.
- Monitor and enhance policies, procedures, and reporting of academic progress.
- Develop and promote academic learner support services.
- Develop and sustain a campus-wide healthy campus initiative, including corresponding programs and services.
Goal 2: Sustain and improve a culture of inclusive excellence on campus.
- Enhance programs, policies, and practices to support students with disabilities.
- Increase diversity of (expand access to) cohort-based learning communities and high-impact practices.
- Offer diversity and inclusion programming that provides awareness and encourages cross-cultural dialogue.
- Assess campus-wide diversity initiatives and inclusive programming.
Goal 3: Provide programs and services that enhance student recruitment, retention, degree completion and post-graduation employment.
- Develop and enhance programming that supports student retention, degree completion and post-graduate employment.
- Utilize technology to communicate with prospective students and increase student engagement.
- Develop and promote programming and opportunities to enhance students’ career competencies.
- Improve and monitor assessment strategies resulting in enhanced programs and services that serve the needs of current students.
- Strengthen and expand student recruitment strategies to increase enrollment of first time in college and transfer students.
- Improve recruitment, retention, and graduation rates for students from diverse and underrepresented populations.
Goal 4: Build infrastructure capacity.
- Cultivate and retain highly qualified staff.
- Foster and promote opportunities for collaboration.
- Identify and create alternative sources of revenue for programming and services.
- Enhance facilities and physical spaces to provide quality service and accommodate existing and future growth.