Student Health Services
Student Health Services is here to help you have a healthy semester. For appointments, call 850.474.2172, Option 1. For campus emergencies, call 850.474.2911.
COVID-19 Testing Information
Students and employees who have been exposed to a known positive case of COVID-19 and/or have symptoms of COVID-19 should seek testing. There are several options for testing on and off campus, as well as from home.
Students may schedule an appointment with Student Health Services for a COVID-19 test, however due to an increase in cases and limited capacity for testing at SHS, it is highly recommended to seek options for testing off campus or preorder at-home testing kits. Testing locations in Escambia County can be found at COVID-19 Information for Escambia County and in Santa Rosa County at Santa Rosa County COVID-19 Testing Information. Additional testing sites in the state can be found on Florida COVID-19 Testing Sites.
Free COVID test kits from the federal government are now available. The delivery time for the test kits are 1-2 weeks so they are not recommended for anyone who has an immediate need for testing.
In addition, private health insurance companies are also mandated to cover the cost of any additional at-home rapid COVID-19 test purchases. Insurance companies are required to cover eight free over-the-counter at-home tests per person per month. Here's how to get your At-Home Over-The-Counter COVID-19 test for free using insurance coverage.
Off-campus Testing Locations
Order Free COVID Tests
Order free COVID-19 test kits from the federal government, allow 1-2 weeks for kits to arrive.
Free Tests With Insurance Coverage
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The Florida Department of Health in Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa counties and their partners are distributing the COVID-19 vaccine in Northwest Florida. You can visit www.myvaccine.fl.gov to locate where the vaccines are being distributed.
Floridians are encouraged to pre-register and/or schedule an appointment at myvaccine.fl.gov.
Vaccines are also available at CVS locations, Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club locations, Winn Dixie locations, Walgreens pharmacies, and Publix pharmacies.
All Florida residents age 12 or older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
There are three highly-effective vaccines widely available at no cost.
- Johnson & Johnson
UWF Student Health Services is not currently distributing the COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 Rapid Testing Information
UWF Student Health Services is now performing rapid COVID-19 testing.
- Appointments are required to receive the test. Appointments will be offered from 1–3 p.m. Monday–Friday.
- Appointments must be scheduled before 11 a.m. to receive same-day testing (if there are open appointments).
- The test will be performed by a nurse, and you will receive your result within 15–20 minutes.
- Students must complete documentation prior to arriving for their appointment. This will be sent securely through DocuSign. If this is not completed before a student arrives for their appointment they will be rescheduled.
- At this time rapid COVID-19 testing is only being performed on students that have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or is displaying symptoms of COVID-19.