Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Student Accessibility Resources | University of West Florida
Skip to main content

Student Accessibility Resources

Student Accessibility Resources (SAR) is committed to the full inclusion of students with disabilities as mandated by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. SAR and the University of West Florida are committed to accommodating students and removing the barriers to allow academic success.

Yellow flower on campus

Request Accommodations

Prior to receiving accommodations and services, students must self-identify as a student in need of accommodations and register with Student Accessibility Resources (SAR). There are different processes depending on the nature of the accommodations. Learn how we can better serve you by reviewing SAR's Request Accommodations.

Request Accommodations
Purple Flower on campus

Student Resources

The University of West Florida advocates for students' education by providing the equipment, tools and services to remove barriers for the success of all students. Learn the different programs, services and locations that offer these services on campus.

Moss tree on the Pensacola campus.

Parent and Family Resources

There are many differences between K-12 and higher education accessibility guidelines. Learning the differences can help your student obtain what's needed to remove barriers to unlock their full potential. Visit our parent and family resources site to learn about these differences.

Steps to Requesting Accommodations

Students interested in obtaining accommodation services should begin the following steps.

Step 1

Students requesting services must have applied and be admitted to the University of West Florida.

Step 2

Students will need to verify the need for accommodations (self-identify) by submitting an application and supporting medical documentation.

Step 3

Students will need to complete a registration appointment with a SAR staff member.

To request this page or any information referenced on the page in an alternative format, please email