Rights and Responsibilities
As a student with documented disabilities at UWF who is registered with SAR, you have rights and responsibilities.
- Students with documented disabilities at UWF have the right to equal access to educational and co-curricular programs, services, and activities facilitated by UWF.
- Students have the right to equal opportunity to learn and receive reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments and/or auxiliary aids and services as supported by their documentation, which do not represent a fundamental alteration of the essential educational components of the academic programs.
- Students have the right to confidential treatment of disability-related records that are housed at the Student Accessibility Resources (SAR). Only persons working at or in collaboration with the SAR have access to these records. Some level of disclosure to faculty may be necessary to coordinate requested accommodation(s). Disability documentation that is submitted to SAR is not a part of the student's permanent academic record.
- Students are responsible for meeting qualifications and maintaining academic, technical, and institutional standards for courses, programs, services, activities, and facilities.
- Students must provide current and appropriate disability documentation in accordance with established UWF guidelines. Typically, Individualized Education Plans (IEP), 504 Plans from a secondary school, or notes on physician prescription pads do not provide thorough information for the documentation of disability. However, such materials will be accepted as supplemental information.
- Students are responsible for initiating and following established procedures for obtaining reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids and services in a timely manner.
- Students must complete the Semester Accommodation Request Form at the beginning of each new semester.
- Students are responsible for facilitating discussions with instructors regarding registration with SAR and eligible accommodations.
To request this page or any information referenced on the page in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.