Career Development and Community Engagement
Our team has transitioned our services to meet the needs of UWF students, alumni, and partners during the COVID-19 response. ALL services, including scheduled and drop-in appointments, will only be available virtually. If you have any questions please contact our office at email@example.com and someone will follow up with you.
Virtual Drop-In Assistance
Do you need help navigating LinkedIn or finding an internship or job? Do you have questions about your resume or cover letter or on how to prepare for an interview? We are now offering On-Demand, Virtual Drop-In Appointments every Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (with extended hours until 7:00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Wednesdays), to help you find the answer to those and other career-related questions. These meetings are completed on a first-come, first-served basis at students' request during the listed hours of availability. To request an On-Demand Drop-In Appointment:
- Log into your UWF Google account.
- Click the Apps menu at the top of the screen.
- Select "Chat" from the menu.
- Send a direct message to firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting a drop-in appointment.
- A career coach will respond with instructions to join a Google Meet session for the appointment.
Schedule a Virtual Appointment
If you would prefer to meet at a specific time, you can request to meet with a Career Coach several days in advance. To schedule an appointment through Handshake, follow these steps:
- Use your MyUWF credentials to log in to Handshake.
- Select "Career Center" from the top right-hand menu.
- Select "Appointments."
- Click "Schedule a New Appointment."
- Click either "Appointments" or "Virtual Drop-in Appointment," based on the assistance you are seeking.
- Click the specific appointment type you are seeking.
- Use the calendar to identify an available appointment slot that works with your schedule.
- Once you've identified an appointment slot that works for you, please indicate your preferred meeting method (phone or virtual), and share any specific details or questions pertaining to your request.
- Select "request."
Please contact CDCE at email@example.com with any questions pertaining to preparing for or scheduling your appointment.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
At CDCE, our priority is to provide resources that equip students to reach their professional goals. We make it our mission to support the career development of ALL UWF students by providing professional expertise, advocating for matters that are important to them, and by celebrating their uniqueness. Through our career readiness programming, we are dedicated to equipping, educating, and empowering every member of the Argo community to reach their full professional potential.
Trying to decide on a major or career? Need help fine-tuning your resume? Not sure where to begin for the job search or how to prepare for an interview? Visit the Career Education website for information and resources that can help you answer those questions and more.Career Education
Community & Employer Engagement
Visit the Community & Employer Engagement website for information on career events, recruiting at UWF, and opportunities to engage with the campus.Community & Employer Engagement
High Impact Practices / Experiential Learning
Experience is key! Visit the High Impact Practices/Experiential Learning website to learn how to engage in formative experiences throughout your college career.High Impact Practices/Experiential Learning
Quality Enhancement Plan
Visit the QEP website to learn about Communication for Professional Success, a bold new initiative with the goal of transforming the educational experience for UWF students.Quality Enhancement Plan