Access Career Development and Community Engagement's resources, services and programs virtually.
Our team has transitioned our services to meet the needs of UWF students, alumni, and partners during the COVID-19 response. ALL services, including scheduled and drop-in appointments, will only be available virtually. If you have any questions please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up with you.
Virtual Drop-In Assistance
Do you need help navigating LinkedIn or finding an internship or job? Do you have questions about your resume or cover letter or on how to prepare for an interview? We are now offering On-Demand, Virtual Drop-In Appointments every Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.–7 p.m, to help you find the answer to those and other career-related questions. These meetings are completed on a first-come, first-served basis at students' request during the listed hours of availability. To request an On-Demand Drop-In Appointment:
- Log into your UWF Google account.
- Click the Apps menu at the top of the screen.
- Select "Chat" from the menu.
- Send a direct message to email@example.com, requesting a drop-in appointment.
- A career coach will respond with instructions to join a Google Meet session for the appointment.
Schedule a Virtual Appointment
If you would prefer to meet at a specific time, you can request to meet with a Career Coach several days in advance. To schedule an appointment through Handshake, follow these steps:
- Use your MyUWF credentials to log in to Handshake.
- Select "Career Center" from the top right-hand menu.
- Select "Appointments."
- Click "Schedule a New Appointment."
- Click either "Appointments" or "Virtual Drop-in Appointment," based on the assistance you are seeking.
- Click the specific appointment type you are seeking.
- Use the calendar to identify an available appointment slot that works with your schedule.
- Once you've identified an appointment slot that works for you, please indicate your preferred meeting method (phone or virtual), and share any specific details or questions pertaining to your request.
- Select "request."
Please contact CDCE at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions pertaining to preparing for or scheduling your appointment.
Need Help Choosing a Major?
Are you currently exploring majors or are you not sure which career path to follow with your major at UWF? If so, check out one of our monthly Argo2Pro: Major & Career Exploration Virtual Workshops. These virtual Q&A sessions provide a casual environment to discuss strategies that will help you identify the major or career that is best for you.
There are a variety of other professional development topics offered weekly, so even if you already have a major there is something for you. Visit the Handshake Event Page to learn more and to sign up for a session today!
Trying to decide on a major or career? Need help fine tuning your resume? Visit the Career Education website to get information on exploring a wide variety of career opportunities and resources related to creating a resume, practicing an interview, and job search etiquette.Career Education
Community & Employer Engagement
Visit the Community & Employer Engagement website for information on career events, recruiting at UWF, and opportunities to engage with the campus.
High Impact Practices / Experiential Learning
Experience is key! Visit the High Impact Practices/Experiential Learning website to learn how to engage in formative experiences throughout your college career.High Impact Practices/Experiential Learning
Quality Enhancement Plan
Visit the QEP website to learn about Communication for Professional Success, a bold new initiative with the goal of transforming the educational experience for UWF students.
Fri, 29 Jan 2021 18:00:00 +0000Fri, 29 Jan 2021 18:00:00 +0000
Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:00:00 +0000Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:00:00 +0000
Wed, 24 Mar 2021 17:00:00 +0000Wed, 24 Mar 2021 17:00:00 +0000