Transient Students

Transient students are degree-seeking students who have permission to enroll in courses at another public Florida university or college.

Transient Student Information

The Transient Student Application is available online through FloridaShines. For step-by-step instructions on the UWF Transient Student Application process, please see the UWF Student Tutorial for Transient Student Application Process.

UWF Students 

UWF students should consult with their advisors prior to enrolling in any courses at other institutions to ensure transferability of course. UWF students wishing to earn credit at a Florida private institution or an institution outside the State of Florida, to transfer back to a UWF degree program, MUST obtain prior departmental approval for specific courses from the department, school, or college advising office. Credit earned without prior departmental approval may not be accepted.

Transient students may also be required to submit additional information such as, but not limited to, an Admissions application or transcripts prior to registration to the outside institution. Students should contact the institution at which you intend to enroll in courses for institutional policies regarding transient students.

UWF students enrolling in courses at another institution through a consortium agreement should contact the UWF Office of Financial Aid for additional information.

Non-UWF Students

Students from other institutions enrolling in courses at UWF will be classified as non-degree seeking and are subject to the policies and procedures for non-degree seeking students as stated in the Academic Catalog. Interested students should refer to the Non-Degree & Transient Student information provided by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.