UWF is partnered with The National Student Clearinghouse to provide students with an efficient way to verify attendance and degree(s) earned.
Degree Verification and Past Attendance
Students can access degree and attendance information through MyUWF. If official verification is needed for a third party, it is recommended that students order a transcript or contact The National Student Clearinghouse.
The National Student Clearinghouse is considered UWF’s primary source provider for verification of degrees and confirmation of attendance of our graduates. Degree Verification and Past Attendance is no longer provided directly by the Office of the Registrar.
Outside Agencies (i.e. Employers or Educational Institutions)
The following information will be needed to process your request:
- Requestor's name, company name, address and phone number.
- Full name of student, including previous name, if applicable.
- Social security number and/or date of birth of student.
* There is a charge for this service.
Conferral and Additional Verification:
Degree conferral only occurs three times each year, after the conclusion of the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. The conferral date is the date that will be posted on the official transcript and the diploma. This is the date when the degree is considered officially awarded. A degree is a credential. There are four ways to provide evidence of that credential:
- Official transcripts. To order official transcripts, see the Transcripts page. If you are an upcoming graduate you will want to ask for the transcript to be held pending final grades and conferral of the degree.
- Diploma. Once your degree is placed in an awarded status it will be reflected on your transcript. Students earning a bachelor's degree or higher will receive a courtesy electronic diploma at no cost approximately 2 weeks following the degree award. All financial holds must be cleared before the diploma will be released. A printed diploma is available for order by completing a Diploma Request in MyUWF. Please note that the fees are as follows: $10.00 diploma and $3.94 shipping fee. If you need assistance with accessing your MYUWF account you may contact the ITS HelpDesk at (850) 474-2075 or email@example.com. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any printed diploma requests.
- National Student Clearinghouse. You can access degree verifications through the National Student Clearinghouse; click on the “Verify a Degree, Past Attendance or Certification” link. If you cannot access this site, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Formal Letter of Completion (Award Letter) or Early Certification Letter (prior to graduation). You may order a Completion/Award Letter directly from the Registrar’s Office. Requests for letters are NOT available for same-day pick-up and can take a minimum of two to three business days to generate during normal working times. During Peak Times, i.e. end of a semester, it can take five to seven business days or more to generate.
- In an effort to ensure all graduating students are processed in a timely and efficient manner, the Formal Letter option is not available to graduating students once the semester has ended (beginning of final exam week in the fall/spring semesters).
- In order to process a request for an Upon Completion Letter (issued prior to official graduation), a student must show registration for all remaining coursework needed for degree completion. In other words, if you are graduating in the summer semester, your summer registration at UWF must be on record/processed before the Degree and Graduation area can issue a letter.
- If you feel you have an extenuating circumstance, please contact the Office of the Registrar, Degree and Graduation for assistance. International students who need to send proof to their sponsors should confirm with the Office of International Programs if this information will be or already has been provided. If not, then you would show proof via the Official Transcript option.
The documents listed above are available to students who have completed all of their degree requirements and have had their degrees conferred.
UWF degrees will not be posted on the student’s record until the degree conferral date has been reached for the semester in which the degree is being awarded. Completion of all requirements prior to the official degree conferral date will not result in an early conferral of the degree. A student in this situation can request an official “Completion Letter” from the Office showing the pending conferral of the degree. The degree will be conferred for the term in which the requirements were completed.