Receiving Your Degree

Degrees are awarded at the end of each semester, upon completion of all departmental and university requirements.

Awarding of Degrees

Degree Requirements

All degree requirements must be complete by the last day of the semester for which the graduation application is submitted. Students whose Graduation Application is denied for any reason or do not meet the requirements for graduation must submit a new application for the semester in which the requirements are met.


The Office of the Registrar will begin reviewing potential graduates approximately one week after grades are due. Awarding of degrees should be completed approximately one month following the review. Once your degree has been posted, your unofficial and official transcript will reflect this information. Be sure to review the step-by-step instructions for viewing your degree(s).

Please see the Baccalaureate Honors portion of the Undergraduate Academic Catalog for specific information used to determine baccalaureate honors. Be aware, honors indicated on the commencement program are tentative since current semester courses are not included.


Diplomas will be mailed to the Diploma Mailing Address indicated on your graduation application approximately six to eight weeks after graduation. Diploma mailing address changes must be made in writing to the Office of the Registrar or by e-mail to All financial holds, including Exit Interviews, must be cleared before the diploma will be released.

Replacement diplomas are available for order by completing the Replacement diploma form.


Where can I see if my degree has been awarded?

Students may view their unofficial transcript using the "Student Academic Records Menu" app in MyUWF. Students with holds preventing the release of Official Transcripts will not have access to Unofficial Transcripts.

My employer/graduate school needs proof that I graduated as soon as possible. What should I do?

The Office of the Registrar will begin awarding degrees approximately one month after grades are due. You may review your “Unofficial Transcript” in MyUWF to see if your degree has been posted. Once you have confirmed that your degree has been posted, you may order official transcripts at any time, which will reflect this information.

How do I change my diploma mailing address?

Diploma mailing address changes should be requested in writing to the Graduation Coordinator by emailing

How do I change the way my name is printed on the diploma?

Diploma name changes may be requested in writing to the Graduation Coordinator by emailing The diploma name must match the legal first and last name on file with the University. To change a legal first and/or last name on the diploma and the University record, you must submit a Student Data Change Form with supporting legal documentation. 

When are diplomas mailed?

Diplomas are mailed to the diploma address indicated on the graduation application approximately six to eight weeks after degree posting.

Why haven't I received my diploma?

All financial holds, including Exit Counseling, must be cleared before the diploma will be released. Please review your record for any financial holds, and review the diploma mailing address on file using the “Student Records” app in MyUWF and clicking the “View Graduation Application” link. Contact the Graduation Coordinator ( if the address is incorrect.