Credit by Proficiency/Examination
Credit by Proficiency
Per University Policy AC-41.01, students may earn credit by proficiency by inquiring with the teaching department for a specific course if a proficiency examination is available. Availability of examinations is determined by the academic department and is not always an available option.
- must be enrolled at UWF at the time the proficiency is assessed (exam is given) and credit is awarded;
- may request from the department the option of earning course credit by proficiency;
- may attempt to earn credit by proficiency in a specific course only once, regardless of whether they pass or fail the proficiency;
- who has earned a letter grade A-F in a course may not challenge the course by requesting credit by proficiency nor can a student utilize grade forgiveness for a credit by proficiency course; and
- who previously attempted a course or is currently enrolled in a course may not use the credit by proficiency option for that course.
Credit by Examination/Test Credit
Students may receive credit for courses at UWF through standardized assessment exams such as AP, AICE, IB, CLEP, DANTES, and Excelsior. Students should request all accelerated credit transcripts be sent to UWF Admissions for consideration of awarded credit. Refer to the Office of Admissions for additional information.