Ask A Librarian
Have a research or library question? There are many ways you can connect with us!
Our live chat service is available to use on most devices. The standard daily hours of operation for this service are listed below.
This service is monitored by staff working the reference desk so it may take a few moments to process your request. When UWF staff are not available, you will be forwarded to the Statewide/Florida chat service. Chats can be started by clicking on the floating chat "widget" located on the right side of any library, LibGuide, or OneSearch page. If you would like to start chatting now simply click the button below.
You can call the Reference desk at 850.474.2424.
Have a longer or more involved question for us? You can submit your question using this form. Please be sure to enter your e-mail address and contact information correctly so we can respond back to you or contact you if more information is needed.
Via Text Message (SMS)
Send your question to 850.483.0225! This service is typically monitored like our chat service above (in other words, texts sent at 3:00 am probably will not be answered until the next morning!)
- Go to MyUWF and then Navigate.
- Click "Schedule Appointment" in the top right-hand corner.
- Select "Academic Support."
- Choose which library service is applicable to you. (Annotated Bib & Other Library Help, Citation Help with a Librarian, or Research Assistance.
- Pick a date/time with the available librarian.
- Choose either a virtual option or in-person depending upon the librarian and schedule your preferred time.