Nurse Enlisted Commissioning Programs AECP MECP NECP
All active duty service members applying to UWF's nursing program in conjunction with a commissioning program application.
- UWF NCLEX Score: 94%
- BSN program tuition is less than $15,000
- Military Medical Facility within 100 miles of UWF campus: Yes
- Air Force ROTC on campus
- Army ROTC on campus
- Navy ROTC not on campus, however local NOSC provides Administrative Support
- Military Veterans Resource Center on Campus
- Language of Instruction: English
- TEAS Version: Version 7 effective June 3, 2022
- Information Link: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Advisor: Ms. Fiona Mowbray
Applicants must complete two applications, one to the University and one to the UWF Usha Kundu College of Health:
- First Application – apply to University: apply online to UWF by completing the online application (military applicants do not use CAS) and selecting the BSN degree program. Have your official transcripts (including JST) sent to email@example.com.
- The application fee is $30, creates student account and official degree audit/plan
- Applicants are accepted into the program in a pending status.
- Applicants will be able to continue completion of general education or prerequisite courses while in this phase of the program.
- Plan for 6 to 8 weeks to complete this process as it depends upon the receipt of all official transcripts
- Second Application – apply for formal acceptance to the UWF Usha Kundu College of Health Dr. D.W. McMillan BSN Nursing Program by submitting a supplemental application package. This is the program that contains the enlisted commissioning program seats.
- Submission Schedule
- ACEP Timeline - Awaiting FY 2025 Instruction Release
- NECP Timeline - Awaiting FY 2024 Instruction Release
- MECP Timeline
- Supplemental Application Package Instructions
- Supplemental Application Form
- AECP Awaiting FY 2025 Instruction Release
- NECP Awaiting FY 2024 Instruction Release
- MECP Supplemental BSN Application
- Other Forms
- UWF BSN Program Eligibility Requirements
- BSN Prerequisite Courses
- Submission Schedule
- The academic advisor for the military students who are applying to the BSM program through one of the nurse commissioning programs is Ms. Fiona Mowbray. Applicants should only schedule advising appointments with Ms. Mowbray.
- The process of being formally accepted to the College of Health BSN program (Step 2 above) relies upon the information obtained in the process of being accepted into the University (Step 1 above). The University is not able to consider supplemental applications from applicants who fail to complete the Step 1 Admissions process prior to the end date to receive supplemental applications.
- Applicants whose supplemental applications are accepted will receive acceptance letters and degree plans for inclusion in their enlistment commissioning packages to the military service.
- The limited access portion of the program is accelerated in that it will complete in 4 full consecutive semesters (typically 16 months).
- To determine if and how courses already taken will transfer, please use the UWF Course Transfer Checker.
- For assistance obtaining Academic Advisor approved forms to assist military education center TA approval, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the other institution full name with course name and number, and the UWF course it is intended to transfer to.
- UWF CLEP Exam and Course Equivalency policy
- Nursing BSN degree
- TEAS Exam Testing Center Locations
- Unofficial course transfer evaluation tool
- UWF Test Center Remote Proctored TEAS exam
*The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing at UWF is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Schedule a Google Meet appointment to meet with Denise on our Military Nurse Program Team or call 850-404-2082 for questions.