This information is designed to help family and friends of future Argos support their student throughout the admissions process.
UWF leads the state in employed graduates and is one of the 12 public state universities in the #1 state for higher education (U.S. News & World Report).
Small class sizes and hands-on learning provide personalized attention from faculty.
Join the Argo Family
Subscribe to Admissions
Join the Future Argo Parent and Families email list for updates from Admissions.
Discover Family Programs
Argo Family Programs are here to support your student throughout their UWF journey.
Attend Special Events
Join UWF our Parent / Family Info Sessions to learn what UWF has to offer.
The Freshman Application Process
- Summer/Fall applications for freshman admissions open in August of your student's senior year of high school. They can apply directly or via the Common App.
- After submitting their application, your student will be assigned a UWF Student ID number and will then be able to access their MyUWF account. MyUWF allows the student to check their application status and any outstanding materials required to complete their application. The application will remain incomplete until we receive all required materials.
- Once all application materials are received, the applicant’s information will be marked as complete and ready for review.
- If the application is marked completed by Dec. 1, then the student will automatically be reviewed for an admissions academic merit-based scholarship.
- Decisions will be released beginning Oct. 15. Thereafter, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and students should receive an admissions decision within two to four weeks.
- Schedule a campus visit together.
- Attend admissions events together.
- Compare tuition and costs, financial aid, and payment plans.
- Explore housing options.
- Provide information necessary for your student to complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is required for your student to receive an offer of financial aid.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- August: Application opens
- Oct. 1: FAFSA opens
- Dec. 1: Scholarship Priority Consideration Deadline
- April 15: Argo Spirit Scholarship Deadline
Tips to Support Your Student
- Encourage your student to apply early.
- Know important dates and deadlines.
- Encourage them to reach out to their admissions counselor.
- Academic Calendar
- Argo Family Programs
- Argo Athletic Band
- Argos Autism Program
- COVID-19 Response
- First-Generation Success Network
- First-Year Advising
- Focus2Career (free career assessment)
- Living Learning and Themed Communities
- Military and Veterans Resource Center
- STEM Scholars
- Student Accessibility Resources
- Student Engagement
- Student Jobs