UWF New Student Orientation
Everything you need to know about orientation at UWF
Get ready, new Argos!
Hello, Future Argos! In response to COVID-19, UWF will continue to host orientation virtually for Spring 2021. Orientation is mandatory for all new students attending UWF in the spring. Orientation registration for Spring 2021 will open the week of Dec. 1, 2020.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions and your 2021 orientation leaders are thrilled to welcome you and your family to the UWF community. During virtual orientation, you will learn all about class registration, campus resources and policies, involvement opportunities, and other helpful information for starting your journey as an Argonaut.
In preparation for your virtual orientation experience, please note:
- You will need to upgrade your ArgoNet account after registering for orientation ASAP. Do that by going to your Next Steps Checklist.
- Once your account has been upgraded, your student email account will become the preferred email address for communication from UWF. Check it often!
- The morning of your orientation session, you will be added to an online orientation class in Canvas, UWF’s online learning platform. This will be accessed through your MyUWF portal by searching “Canvas.”
- You will have the two days of your orientation session to complete online orientation through Canvas.
- Further instructions and opportunities for supplemental experiences will be provided in future communications and on this website. Be sure to check your email regularly.
Academic Advising, Course Registration and Major Change
Beginning Dec. 1 and continuing until orientation (University closed Dec. 21-Jan. 5): In the order you have registered for your orientation session, your advisor may reach out to you to verify any AP, CLEP, IB, dual enrollment, and transfer credits that may be applied to your degree audit.
After your advisor has reviewed your degree audit and applicable credits, they will complete a schedule on your behalf. Once this has been completed, your advisor will schedule a virtual appointment with you to review and finalize your schedule. In the meantime, please be sure to review and complete your Next Steps Checklist in MyUWF.
Virtual appointments will be through Google Meet. Once your appointment has been scheduled, you will receive an email notification with a meeting link. Computer access is required for this appointment.
Be sure to register and complete your next steps before attending orientation.Before Orientation
Families and guests are encouraged to join their student for virtual orientation.Orientation Guests
Have more questions? Visit the FAQ for more info about orientation.FAQ