UWF New Student Orientation
Everything you need to know about orientation at UWF
Get ready, new Argos!
Hello, Future Argos! In response to COVID-19, UWF will continue to host orientation virtually for Summer 2021. Orientation is mandatory for all new students attending UWF in Summer or Fall 2021. Registration for Virtual 2021 Summer Orientation will open March 15, 2021.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions and your 2021 orientation leaders are thrilled to welcome you and your family to the UWF community. During virtual orientation, you will learn all about class registration, campus resources and policies, involvement opportunities, and other helpful information for starting your journey as an Argonaut.
In preparation for your virtual orientation experience, please note:
- You will need to upgrade your ArgoNet account after registering for orientation ASAP. Do that by going to your Next Steps Checklist.
- Once your account has been upgraded, your student email account will become the preferred email address for communication from UWF. Check it often!
- University and advising information will go to your UWF student email, and orientation information will continue to go to the email address you used for orientation registration.
- The morning of your orientation session, you will be added to an online orientation class in Canvas, UWF’s online learning platform. This will be accessed through your MyUWF portal by searching “Canvas.”
- You will have the two days of your orientation session to complete online orientation through Canvas.
- Further instructions and opportunities for supplemental experiences will be provided in future communications and on this website. Be sure to check your email regularly.
Be sure to register and complete your next steps before attending orientation.Before Orientation
Families and guests are encouraged to join their student for virtual orientation.Orientation Guests
Have more questions? Visit the FAQ for more info about orientation.FAQ
Learn about the academic advising and class registration process for new students.Academic Advising