SplashDown New Student Orientation
Everything you need to know about orientation at UWF
Get ready to SplashDown, new Argos!
Hello, Future Argos! In response to COVID-19, UWF will transition all summer orientation sessions to a virtual platform. There will be no in-person new student orientation session held this summer. Orientation is still mandatory for all first-time-in-college students attending UWF in the summer or fall.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions and your 2020 orientation leaders are still thrilled to welcome you and your family to the UWF community. During virtual orientation, you will learn all about class registration, campus resources and policies, involvement opportunities and other helpful information for starting your journey as an Argonaut. Our team is working diligently to craft an exceptional virtual orientation experience. Here is how these changes will affect you:
- If you have already registered, your session date has not changed. If you have not registered, visit Before Orientation for registration instructions.
- Appropriate fee reductions have been made. The new virtual orientation experience will be $50. For those who paid any student and guest fees before the reduction, UWF will issue a refund for the amount in excess of $50. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is working diligently on a refund process and will provide additional information in the coming days.
- UWF will still honor any orientation fee discounts based on financial aid status. These will be applied automatically during registration for eligible students who previously submitted their FAFSA.
- The morning of your orientation session, you will be added to an online orientation class in Canvas, UWF’s online learning platform. This will be accessed through your MyUWF portal by searching “Canvas.”
- You will have the two days of your orientation session to complete online orientation through Canvas.
- Further instructions and opportunities for supplemental experiences will be provided in future communications and on this website. All students must register for and complete at least one supplemental experience. Be sure to check your email regularly.
Academic Advising, Course Registration and Major Change
Beginning May 1 and continuing through the summer: In the order you have registered for your orientation session, your advisor may reach out to you to verify any AP, CLEP, IB, dual enrollment and transfer credits that may be applied to your degree audit. After your advisor has reviewed your degree audit and applicable credits, they will complete a schedule on your behalf. Once this has been completed, your advisor will schedule a virtual appointment with you to review and finalize your schedule. In the meantime, please be sure to review and complete your "Next Steps for Admitted Students" in MyUWF.
Note: Virtual appointments will be through Google Hangouts. Once your appointment has been scheduled, you will receive notification in your email. You will also receive a calendar invite email before the appointment with the meeting link.
Change of major: If you need to change your major, please complete the Admissions Application Major Change Form.
Be sure to register and complete your next steps before attending orientation.Before Orientation
Families and guests are encouraged to join their student for virtual orientation.Orientation Guests
Have more questions? Visit the FAQ for more info about orientation.FAQ