Freshman Admission Requirements
Ready to earn your degree at UWF? Learn more about admission requirements here. UWF conducts a holistic review, and students may be admitted below the thresholds listed below. Please note that meeting the admissions requirements below does not guarantee admission to the University.
|Column 1||Middle 50%|
To be considered for admission, students must meet the following minimum requirements. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to UWF. Admissions thresholds can adjust per semester. Students may be offered transitional pathways or deferment depending upon their individual profile.
GPA and Scores
- 2.50 GPA (weighted)
- State minimum ACT or SAT subsection scores
- Reading: 19
- Math: 19
- English: 17
- Reading: 24
- Math: 24
- Writing/Language: 25
For details, visit Completing Your Application.
- Self-reported Student Academic Record
- Test scores: UWF reviews ACT/SAT composite scores as well as select subject test scores. If you have questions, please contact your admissions counselor.
- Application fee
- High school transcripts (upon graduation)
Dates and Deadlines
Be sure to follow the appropriate dates and deadlines, and complete your application in time for your intended first semester. You will want to apply by the scholarship priority consideration deadline if you would like to be considered for scholarships.
Freshman Admissions Regulations
- BOG 6.002: State University System of Florida Board of Governors Regulation 6.002-Admission of Undergraduate First-Time-in-College, Degree-Seeking Freshmen
- BOG 6.008: State University System of Florida Board of Governors Regulation 6.002-Postsecondary-College-Level-Preparatory Testing, Placement, and Instruction for State Universities
- UWF/REG 3.001: Admission Standards for First Time in College Student Applicants