National Council on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
NCUR 2024 will be hosted by the California State University - Long Beach (CSULB) in Long Beach, California, April 8 - 10, 2024 (in-person). Visit the NCUR 2024 page for all event details, timelines, and FAQs.
Abstract Submission Dates:
- Sept 15 - Dec 8, 2023: NCUR 2024 Abstract Submission Open
- Sept 15 - Dec 8, 2023: OUR Application for NCUR 2024 Award Open
- Jan 11, 2024: NCUR 2024 notifications sent to abstract authors
- Jan 16, 2024: OUR notifications sent to UWF submissions
- Jan 11 - 31, 2024: Early-Bird Registration Window. All students supported by OUR must register within the early bird registration window.
NCUR 2024 Conference
April 8, 2024 - April 10, 2024, at the California State University - Long Beach (CSULB) in Long Beach, California.
- OUR anticipates funding up to ten UWF undergraduate students attending NCUR 2024. To attend NCUR 2024, UWF Students must apply and have their abstract accepted by NCUR and must apply and have their applications accepted by OUR. OUR cannot guarantee to fund all UWF students accepted to NCUR 2024.
- Only one student per presentation will be supported to attend NCUR.
- Students who receive an NCUR Travel Award ARE NOT eligible for another OUR Travel Award this academic year. If you have already received an OUR Travel Award or plan to apply for a Travel Award for the 2023-24 academic year, you are not eligible to apply for NCUR 2024.
- Priority will be given to undergraduate students with no previous conference experience and those who would not normally present at NCUR. OUR also plans to have a representation from across various campus departments.
- If you are not selected for NCUR 2024, OUR will help support your attendance at another conference.
- The deadline to submit your abstract to NCUR and to apply to OUR for funding is December 8, 2023.
- Students whose abstract is accepted by NCUR 2024 and selected to receive funding by OUR will attend the conference in person in California.
Step 1: Apply to NCUR
The following additional information is required for student abstract submission:
- For each co-author or co-presenter: Name, institution, and email address.
- Faculty mentor: Name, institution, and email address.
- Campus undergraduate research coordinator: Please include the following information:
- (Name) Dr. Allison Schwartz,
- (Title) Undergraduate Research Coordinator
- (Institution) University of West Florida
- (Address) 11000 University Parkway Pensacola, FL 32514.
- (Contact information) 850.474.3175, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details about the conference and the abstract submission instructions are available on the NCUR website.
Step 2: Apply to OUR