Processing Requisitions on Foundation Funds
Purpose and Scope: Procedure to clarify the process of submitting a Banner Requisition utilizing Foundation Funds. Foundation Office Policy: Only individuals in the Foundation office will have security to Foundation INDEX/FUND/ORGN.
BEFORE the Requestor begins keying in the Banner Requisition:
- The Requestor will complete a Foundation Funds Request for the Foundation Office, requesting the authorization to use Foundation funds and the dollar amount required for the purchase.
- The Foundation Office will reply to the Requestor Service Desks/Jira Ticket with an “Approved” or “Disapproved” statement and the Index, Fund, and Orgn codes to be used by Procurement & Contracts when the PO is entered.
AFTER the Requestor receives the Foundation Funds Request response from the Foundation Office approving the request:
- The Requestor will enter the Requisition in Banner, applying the Requestor’s departmental INDEX/FUND/ORGN numbers.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure that the Procurement & Contracts Buyer is aware Foundation funds are to be used with this Requisition, the Requestor will type a short statement in the Requisition’s “Document Text”. For example: “Foundation funds to be used for this purchase – Index Code **** - Service Desks/Jira Ticket ***-**** approval from Foundation obtained and forwarded to Procurement & Contracts on 03/09/2021.”
AFTER Banner generates a Requisition Number:
- The Requestor will forward the Foundation’s Service Desks/Jira Ticket approval identified with the Requisition number in the “Subject Line” to Procurement & Contracts (email@example.com). Notify the Requisition Approver (if applicable) to ensure that he/she does not disapprove the Requisition.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: When the Requestor forwards the Foundation’s Service Desks/Jira Ticket approval to Procurement & Contracts, the Requestor will need to also copy/cc all of the following individuals:
- E. Jan Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) Foundation Office (so they can get the Requisition number)
If the Requestor does not copy/cc the Budgets Office, and the Requestor’s departmental INDEX/FUND/ORGN lacks budget to cover the amount of the Requisition, the Budget Office will disapprove the Requisition.
- The Requestor will forward a copy of any documentation (i.e. invoice) to the Foundation Office for auditing purposes. Original documentation such as quotes continue to be forwarded to the Procurement & Contracts Office. Original invoices continue to be forwarded to the Controller's Office.
AFTER Procurement & Contracts receives the Requisition and the Foundation’s approval Service Desks/Jira Ticket approval forwarded by the Requestor:
- The Buyer in Procurement & Contracts will make the changes to the INDEX/FUND/ORGN on the Banner Purchase Order.