Inquiry, Assistance and Project Forms
Institutional Communications manages and directs communications related to the strategic initiatives outlined in its Scope of Work and other marketing and communications activities as requested. With numerous colleges, departments and units on campus, the communications needs and desires of the UWF community are significant. To meet this large and growing need, the University has developed these forms for various institutional marketing and communications inquiries.
To preserve Institutional Communications’ time and resources for university-wide initiatives consistent with strategic areas of focus and to ensure an efficient flow of information, please be sure to do the following before contacting Institutional Communications:
- Contact your area’s communication liaison, listed here. Units within the Division of Academic Affairs, contact the appropriate communicator, listed here.
- Review our website and UWF Brand Portal to find answers to common questions.
- Visit this page to find information regarding web training and support.
The Office of Institutional Communications has official oversight of the below marketing and communication initiatives, projects and materials. All projects that fit these criteria must be submitted through the Brand Compliance Review Form at least five business days prior to printing or distribution for review, feedback and approval by Institutional Communications.
- All communication materials used to communicate with alumni or donors (collateral material, publications, emails, letters, etc.). Institutional Communications will work with the Vice President for University Advancement, or designee, for approval.
- All communication efforts reaching an external audience of 2,000 or more. (Events or initiatives and corresponding collateral aimed at mass audiences as well as mass distribution of promotional items, direct mail, etc.).
Additionally, all media placement for the institution, its divisions, colleges, departments and units must be authorized in advance by Institutional Communications.
Headshot sessions for faculty and staff are held every Monday through Friday, from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Unfortunately, we cannot offer this service to students at this time. Headshots will be taken against a standard, gray backdrop. Outdoor portraits (weather permitting) are also available during these sessions for University Cabinet members. Professional business attire is strongly recommended. We suggest wearing solid colors and avoiding busy patterns or white shirts.
To book an appointment, please visit our appointment page. Institutional Communications will email you your final, edited headshot for your review and approval. Please allow at least three days for editing. If you need expedited editing, please let the photographer know and we will do our best to accommodate.
For more information, please contact Institutional Communications by emailing email@example.com.