Frequently Asked Questions

The following information answers the frequently asked questions about the Applied Behavior Analysis program at UWF.

Refer to the UWF Student Guide for very helpful information on how to navigate UWF systems. 

Don't see an answer to your question? Email us at for more information!

How many classes do I take if I am interested in becoming a BCBA?

The BCBA is a graduate level certification that requires a Master's degree.

Non-degree seeking students who will be sitting for the BCBA exam after January 1, 2022 will take a total of 7 courses.

For those students who need a Masters degree, we offer the option to enroll in our MA in Exceptional Student Education degree program, which is a total of 10 courses and includes all 7 courses required to qualify for the BCBA exam. 

How many classes do I take if I am interested in becoming a BCaBA?

The BCaBA is a certification that requires an undergraduate degree.

We offer an undergraduate BCaBA course sequence that may be taken while you are pursuing an undergraduate degree, or after you have obtained an undergraduate degree. 

The sequence is a total of 4 courses for students that take the BCaBA exam prior to January 1, 2022.  Students who test after 2022 will have to take 3 additional credits in order to qualify for the exam under the 5th edition task list requirements. 



Am I able to take more than one course at a time?

Undergraduate BCaBA

One course is offered at a time. Courses are in sequential order, and each course is 8 weeks in length. As one course ends, the next one begins.

Graduate Non-Degree Seeking BCBA

The first 3 courses in the BCBA sequence must be taken sequentially.  After EDF 6223, students may take other courses at the same time, provided that pre-requisite requirements are met. All courses in the BCBA sequence are 12 weeks in length.

Graduate Non-Degree Seeking BCBA

There are courses within the degree program that may be taken at the same time.  Students work with their advisor to develop their course schedule according to a degree plan. Courses in the Masters program vary between 8 weeks and 12 weeks in length. 

Where can I find the syllabus for each course?
What is the cost of each course?

View current tuition rates.

All ABA courses are at in-state tuition rate. 

The BCaBA Undergraduate courses match the undergraduate in-state tuition rate. 

The BCBA Graduate courses match the graduate in-state tuition rate. 

Degree seeking students may complete an out-of-state tuition waiver for EEX 6051.

Most courses are 3 credits, but there are some 2 credit course options in the Masters Degree plan. 

Is there financial aid for this program?

Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid but may apply for continuing education loans to pay for courses.

  • One examples is: Sallie Mae.
  • When applying for a continuing education loan, make sure to use this school code for UWF continuing education: 00395598.
  • Please contact our office via phone or email once your loan is approved, and our team members will assist with registration.
  • Learn about UWF's payment plan option and short term loans.

If you are degree-seeking, then you are eligible to apply for funding. Contact The UWF Financial Aid Office to apply.

If you have questions regarding military financial aid, please contact the UWF Military & Veterans Resource Center.

Since these classes are online, do I have to attend class each week?

There are weekly virtual interactive online class meetings that you may wish to attend live or watch via recording. There is a specific time each day each week for the live interactive sessions. Students are encouraged to attend live classes, if possible. If students cannot attend live, recordings are available to watch throughout the class. 

We utilize Zoom or WebEx for virtual classes.

What if I don't have a master's degree?

The University of West Florida offers an online MA Degree in Exceptional Student Education

What if I already have a qualifying master's degree? Can I still take these courses?

Yes! You would join our program as a non-degree seeking student.


How do I register for these courses?

Visit our registration pages for detailed instructions. 

What do I need to know if I am an international student?

Please contact the UWF International Student Office.

If English is not your native language or you did not earn your bachelors degree from an English-speaking country, then you will need to submit official TOEFL, IELTS, or MELAB scores that meet the University minimum test score requirements to show that you are proficient in English.

What is the policy for withdrawals?

Please view the UWF withdrawal policy.

What is the policy for refunds?

Please view the UWF refund policy.