Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility New Graduate Students | University of West Florida
Skip to main content

New Graduate Student Registration

All new graduate students must start with the Foundations in Applied Behavior Analysis course (EDF 6225).

How to Register

If you are a new degree-seeking student:

To pursue a Masters degree with BCBA and/or QBA coursework, submit a graduate application for the Master's in Exceptional Student Education program. Then choose the Applied Behavior Analysis specialization.

Instructions for the letter of intent can be found Here (for degree seeking applicants only)

Please complete a graduate residency affidavit here. More information about our residency policies can be found here.  

Graduate Application

If you are a new non-degree seeking student:

First, apply to UWF as a Non-Degree Seeking graduate student. Use the link below to apply as a Masters level student for the semester that you plan to enroll (Spring, Summer, or Fall).  Make sure to select "Pursue a Certificate Program" and then "Graduate BCBA Certificate" or "Graduate QBA Certificate" depending on which program you plan to pursue. 

Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Application

Watch the step-by-step video below for help completing your application.

Graduate Non-Degree Seeking Application Instructions
  1. Follow the Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Application link above.
  2. Select "Apply for (Year) Graduate Admissions"
  3. Create an Account: 
         a. Make sure to use an e-mail address you can easily access
         b. You will need to create a new account even if you have an undergraduate application account. They do not crossover.
  4. Answer the questions about your possible credits (you can select unsure) and select your expected entry term.
  5. Temporary PIN Page:
         a. A PIN was sent to the email address you provided. The sender will be “UWF Graduate School and the Subject line will be “University of West Florida- Application Portal Account Ready for Activation”
         b. Copy and Paste the temporary code into the Temporary PIN field. There is no need to click the activation link unless you exited out of the screen.
         c. Verify birthday
  6. Set password to what you like. We recommend using a strong password.
  7. Applications Page:
         a. Click “Start New Application” (Blue link below “Your Applications”)
          b. A box should pop up. If it does not, check your security and pop-up blocker settings.
         c. Select entry term. This will be the term in which the class starts.
         d. Select non-degree seeking (term should match).
         e. Click Open Application after verifying the information is correct on the “Application details” pop-up
  8. Fill out the application:
         a. Fill out all Personal questions on Page 1
         b. On Page 2 (“Non-degree Academic Interest”):
              i. Certify that you have a bachelor’s degree and then make sure to select “Pursue a certificate program” as your academic intent.
              ii. Select “Graduate BCBA Certificate- Online” or "Graduate QBA Certificate - Online" as the option.
              iii. Note: If you are intending on pursuing the BCaBA sequence only, you will need to apply as an undergraduate student. 
             iv. Use the drop down to select/verify the correct entry term.
             v. For “immunization Waiver” select “Waive the requirement as an online student.”
             c. Continue filling out the application. Don’t forget to review and “sign” the application so that you can submit. You can also ‘Save for Later” if you need to come back.
  9. Let us know you applied and how we can help you! We look forward to working with you.

It usually takes at least 24 hours for that application to process. Once it has processed, you will be sent a UWF ID# from Admissions. Once you have your UWF ID, you can log in to the myUWF portal and complete the remaining tasks:

  1. Follow the instructions to remove the financial responsibility hold.
  2. To remove immunization hold, you will need your UWF ID. Immunization records are required of all students, but you have the option to decline or exempt yourself from the immunizations since you will be an online student.
  3. Email to request a permission code to register for your first course. Refer to the Graduate Course Schedule for Course Reference Numbers (CRNs). 

Transfer Students, Returning Students, and Undergraduates

  • If you have credits from another ABA program, please see our Transfer Student Instructions.
  • If you have previously completed some ABA coursework at UWF and need to resume your course sequence, please see our Returning Student Instructions.
  • Undergraduate Students: Please contact our office at as additional eligibility requirements must be met to enroll for graduate courses. Otherwise, you are welcome to enroll in our

We encourage you to please reach out to our office at or (850) 474-2704 with questions at any time.