2019-2020 UWF Student Handbook
This official guide includes policies and procedures pertaining to UWF students. This edition supersedes and replaces all previous editions. UWF reserves the right to revise this information at any time.
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Argo family.
There are NO LIMITS to what you can achieve here at the University of West Florida. You are now part of a dynamic community of scholars and learners with access to a plethora of resources to assist you in achieving your goals. We are here to help you develop academically, personally and professionally as you make the journey to graduation. This handbook will provide you with policies and procedures that will be beneficial to you as a member of our campus community. Please take the time to read it thoroughly.
I encourage you to take advantage of every opportunity available to you here at UWF. Student success is our primary focus. Meet regularly with your academic advisor and develop a plan to complete your degree on time.
The faculty at UWF are outstanding! They can help you with your coursework and also share their professional expertise as you prepare for the future. Get to know them and allow them to get to know you by fully participating in your classes.
In addition to your course work, participate in a high impact experience that excites you! Join a club, volunteer, take on an internship or study in another county. High impact learning opportunities make you more competitive as you prepare to enter your first job. Student Involvement and Career Development can assist you in finding the right opportunity.
Get involved and always do your best! And most importantly, never, ever be afraid to ask for help. You have an entire community of fellow Argos here to support you.
My wish for each one of you is that you graduate from UWF with the tools and skills you need to succeed in whatever path you choose. I can’t wait to see the positive impact that YOU will have on this campus, in our community and in the world.
Have an amazing year and Go ARGOS!
Dr. Kim M. LeDuff
Vice President for Academic Engagement & Student Affairs
Table of Contents
- UWF Honor Code
- Student Educational Records
- Classroom Behavior
- Use of Instructional Space and Resources
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Code of Academic Conduct
- Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Violence, Gender-Based Discrimination and Retaliation
- Prohibition of Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Prohibition of Hazing
- Medical Immunity
- Parental/Guardian Notification Policy
- Religious Observances
- Weapons on University Property
- Skateboards and Similar Devices
- Housing and Residence Life Standards of Community Living
- Student Communications Policy
- Fundraising and Solicitation
- Student Grievance Process Policy
- UWF Student Omubdsperson
- University Complaints to External Agencies
- Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
- Alcoholic Beverages on Campus Property
- Student Organizations
- Student Leader Eligibility Requirements
- Student Accessibility Resources
- Title IX
- Statewide Articulation Agreements
- Consumer Information
- Voter Registration Requirements
- Campus Safety and Security