Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility FAQs | University of West Florida
Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand the category of your question below to reveal answers. While we do our best to include the most up-to-date information, please reach out to our Student Support Center at 850.473.7468 or with any additional questions or requests.

How to register for UWF Continuing Education non-credit courses:

You can register and pay for non-credit Continuing Education classes online using the UWF Continuing Education registration site. To register online, you will need to create a New Student Profile. This will enable you to log in to our registration system and make online transactions. 

  1. Follow the "Register Now" button link on the webpage of the program of interest located on the Continuing Education website. This will link you to the Continuing Education registration site. 
  2. Click "Add to Cart" and log in or create a new student profile if this is your first time registering for a Continuing Education non-credit course. For UWF students: This profile is separate from your normal UWF login. 
  3. Follow the direction to pay for your course. Reminder emails will be sent before the beginning of your course. 

Non-credit courses and workshops and conferences and events do not require admission to the University.

However, like with most University degree programs, graduate and undergraduate degree and credit certificate programs do require that you apply for admission to the University. Learn more about admission into the University of West Florida.


Online Courses: I've registered for an online non-credit course. How do I begin?

Open your Continuing Education Student account at and follow the instructions below:

  1. Choose Sign In in the Menu on the left

  2. Enter your User Name and Password and then click on the Sign In button.

  3. Click on Current Registrations in the menu on the left. Note: You will not be able to see your course until after 11:00 a.m. CST on the start date you chose.

  4. Locate your class and click its corresponding Go to Class link. You will be taken to the Education to Go site. Lessons will be released on Wednesday and Fridays after 11:00 a.m. CST for six weeks. If you have any technical difficulty with your course, you may contact their Student Support at (817) 870-2870 or toll-free (966) 441-5454.

Immunization Requirements: Am I required to follow the UWF policy for Immunization? 
If you want to take a credit course, you must satisfy immunization verification requirements through Med+Proctor or submit the appropriate waiver by meeting specific criteria. More information is available from Student Health Services. 

However, most non-credit Continuing Education courses do not require proof of immunizations. If proof of immunization is required for a non-credit course, you will be notified before class begins.

Do courses have additional fees for supplies and materials? In most cases, non-credit courses do not require supplies and materials. If there are textbook requirements or additional fees, they will be listed in the course description.

What types of discounts are available? Many Continuing Education courses offer discounts for military personnel, UWF employees and UWF alumni. Discounts are noted in the class information.

As a senior, do I qualify for financial assistance? If you are interested in taking credit courses at UWF, you may be eligible for a tuition fee waiver. Review more information about tuition waivers for seniors. 

How do I know if a credit course is a Continuing Education course and not eligible for certain waivers? Complete an online course search. Search by term then subject. Once search results are displayed, "Continuing Education" will be listed under the course section's attributes. For more information on specific waivers, visit the Student Accounts and Cashier office. 

What are for-credit Continuing Education tuition costs? Some degree programs, certificate programs and individual courses are authorized to charge differential tuition amounts. More information about these costs can be found on the Online Campus website

Academic Credit and/or Degree Seeking Programs
You may be eligible for financial assistance for Continuing Education courses provided courses are for academic credit and/or are part of a degree program. For detailed information and resources, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (850) 474-3145 or

Non-Credit Course Tuition Assistance
Since Continuing Education courses do not lead to a college degree, they are not eligible for traditional forms of financial aid. However, some financial institutions provide loan options to students needing educational financial assistance. We also have military spouse benefits, payment plans (for select programs), and accept the WIOA grant.

If you require financial assistance for a non-credit course, there are several options available to you based on individual programs and eligibility.

Funding Opportunities

Military Spouse Career Advancement (MyCAA) offers up to $4,000 to military spouses interested in pursuing continuing education, degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to careers in high growth, high demand, and portable career fields. Upon creating a MyCAA account the Department of Defense will provide notification of eligibility.

For more information on Military benefits or additional funding opportunities, contact the UWF & Military Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) at (850) 474-2550 or

Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act is a federal grant that covers training expenses for eligible individuals. The WIOA application process takes several weeks. It is recommended that you apply as soon as possible. Once WIOA grant approval is awarded, contact our Student Support Center for a Letter of Acceptance. For more information, visit our CareerSource page.

Continuing Education Loans

Loans may include tuition, and in some cases, lenders may allow students to borrow additional funds to cover the cost of tuition plus expenses such as books, supplies, and test vouchers. Loan applicants may be required to have a co-signer and the loan interest rate will vary according to an applicant’s credit rating

Sallie Mae: Sallie Mae offers an online application for the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan. When applying, applicants should indicate the following:

  • School name: University of West Florida Continuing Education
  • School Code/Branch: 00395598
  • Grade Level: Certificate/Continuing Education
  • Course of Study: Continuing Education

For loan assistance, contact Sallie Mae at 1-888- 272-5543.

CollegeAve Student Loans: CollegeAve provides loan opportunities for undergraduate and graduate level programs including non-academic credit certification courses. When applying, applicants should indicate the following:

  • Select Apply Now and fill out the application
  • School Loan Grade Level: Continuing Education/Certificate
  • School Location: Florida
  • School Name: University of West Florida Continuing Education 003955-98

PNC Loans: PNC provides undergraduate loans or graduate professional loans. When applying, applicants should indicate the following:

  • Select Apply Now and fill out the application
  • School Loan Grade Level: Continuing Education/Certificate
  • School Location: Florida
  • School Name: University of West Florida Continuing Education 003955-98

Payment Plans

Payment plans are available for select certificate programs. Students who wish to enroll in the Pharmacy Technician, Electronic Health Record Specialist, Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, Medical Administrative Assistant or Medical Billing and Coding programs may choose to utilize a payment plan. Payment plan terms vary by program. Contact our Student Support Center for more information on program specific payment plans.

ed2go Funding
For online Advance Career Training courses, funding is available through our education partner ed2go to students who meet certain requirements. To check your eligibility for this funding follow these steps:

  • Step 1: Visit
  • Step 2: Select the link titled “LOANS”.
  • Step 3: Click on “START NEW APPLICATION”.
  • Step 4: Complete until the end.
  • Step 5: Go to your email and verify your email.
  • Step 6: Log back into your loan to view results.

Have questions? Contact us at or 850-473-7468.

Cancelling Registration From a Non-Credit Class or Event

Due to the wide variety of programs that Continuing Education offers, there is no single cancellation policy for all of our offerings. However, there are some common cancellation procedures.

Requests to cancel must be made in writing or by email.

  • Written requests may be sent to:
    Division of Continuing Education
    University of West Florida
    11000 University Parkway, Building 77, Suite 149
    Pensacola, FL 32514
  • Email requests may be sent to:

Requests to cancel must be made prior to the start of the event. Ten (10) business days’ notice is most common, but many programs have earlier deadlines. Check program specifics on the program website or registration form.

Substitutions are allowed for many programs. Check program specifics on the program website or registration form.

Refunds are not issued for no shows.

Exceptions to the withdrawal policy may be made for circumstances related to serious illness, travel issues, death in the family, etc. Written documentation must be provided. For approved exception requests,  a refund will be provided and the amount determined on a case by case basis.

Refund & Attendance Policy

In the event you withdraw from a class, we are happy to refund your fees according to the policy set forth below.

In rare instances, classes with low enrollment may be canceled. We will make every effort to notify you of changes or cancellations. In the event of a cancellation or change by us, we will provide you with a 100% refund or transfer you to an equivalent class.

Course Refund Policy:

  • 100% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made ten (10) or more business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
  • 80% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made inside ten (10) business days (Monday – Friday) before the first day of class.
  • 60% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made the first week of class.
  • 0% refund for all withdrawals or transfers made  after the first week of class.
  • Exception: For online courses that start anytime no refunds are available once the student has access to the course.

All course materials are returned in as-new condition to the institution at the student’s expense. Such materials must be received within ten (10) business days of the first day of class. The cost of materials not received or those that cannot be returned (such as software, memberships, exam vouchers, or exam sponsorship) shall not be refunded to the student. Refunds shall be paid to the student shall be granted within thirty (30) days following the deactivation date of the program.

Refunds paid by cash or check take approximately 2 to 4 weeks to process. If payment was made by credit card, your account will be credited.

Attendance: You must attend a minimum of 80% of all classes to receive CEU credits and a completion certificate. Classes which meet four (4) or fewer sessions require 100% attendance to meet this requirement. For online courses, you must receive a score of 80% or higher on the final exam or course assessment.

UWF Continuing Education non-credit certificate of completion and program records are held for 5 years. For assistance with records or certificates within the last 5 years, contact Student Support at

Where can I get emergency help if needed? Please contact the Campus Police 850.474.2415 in regards to any security issues or emergencies on University grounds.

Where can I locate a map of the campus? Printed campus maps can be picked up at the Visitor Center or found online. Using the online Campus Map, you can search for a specific building or area, using the drop-down menus to filter your choices accordingly.

Am I required to purchase a parking pass? No, but you will need a temporary parking pass which you may obtain from the UWF Visitor Center located in Building 81.

Where can I park on campus? Finding a parking space can be difficult during peak times. Lots J, L, M and Z are open to all permit holders. Lots J and L are between the tennis courts and the Center for Fine and Performing Arts and Lot Z is just south of Martin Hall. Cars parked without an appropriate decal or hang tag will be ticketed. We recommend visiting Parking on Campus for specific details on purchasing permits and to view maps and trolley information.

What if I need additional help or can't find the answer to my question here? 
UWF Continuing Education Student Support is here to help you discover the right class for you, register for upcoming courses and answer all of your questions. 

Who can I contact for Technology Assistance? Information Technology Services (ITS) Help Desk, (850) 474-2074.

The University recognizes paid holidays as listed below. If a holiday falls on a Sunday, it will be observed on the following Monday. If it falls on a Saturday, it is observed on the preceding Friday.

2023 Holidays
Declared Holidays Tuesday, January 3, 2023 and Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Martin Luther King Jr Day Monday, January 16, 2023
Declared Holiday Friday, May 26, 2023
Memorial Day Monday, May 29, 2023
Juneteenth Monday, June 19, 2023 
Declared Holiday Monday, July 3, 2023 
Independence Day  Tuesday, July 4, 2023 
Labor Day Monday, September 4, 2023 
Veterans Day (Observed)  Friday, November 10, 2023 
Thanksgiving Day  Thursday, November 23, 2023 
Day after Thanksgiving  Friday, November 24, 2023 
Winter Holidays Sunday, December 24, 2023 through Monday, January 1, 2024 

The General Data Protection Regulation is a privacy law that applies to the personal information collected in or from the European Union (EU), or that is related to goods or services offered in the EU, or that involves the monitoring of individuals in the EU.  Learn more about GDPR and UWF.

The University of West Florida informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended ("FERPA"). This Act, with which the institution intends to comply fully, was designated to protect the privacy of educational records. FERPA affords students certain rights concerning their educational records. FERPA rights are also extended to parents of students who are under 18 years of age if those parents document in writing that the student is still claimed as a dependent for income tax purposes.

These rights include the right to provide written consent before the University discloses personally identifiable information from the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.

The University discloses education records without a student's prior written consent under the FERPA exception for disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the University in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel, health staff, and student workers); a person or company party with whom the University has contracted as its agent or outsourced institutional services or functions for which the University would otherwise use its own employees and who is under the direct control of the school with respect to the use and maintenance of personally identifiable information from education records to provide a service instead of using University employees or officials (such as an educational affiliate, contractor, attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record to fulfill his or her professional responsibilities for the University. Upon request, the University also discloses education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll if the disclosure is for purposes of the student's enrollment or transfer.

FERPA permits the release of "Directory Information" without consent. UWF may release Directory Information without a student's prior consent in accordance with University Regulation 3.017 Student Educational Records. The University of West Florida has designated the following information as Directory Information:

1. Name (legal and preferred);

2. Address (local and permanent);

3. Enrollment Status;

4. Email Address provided for account creation and courses;

5. Current Telephone number (local and permanent);

6. Dates of attendance;

7. Credentials earned.

Please note that you have the right to withhold the release of directory information. If you wish to restrict your individual information from being released or if you have any questions about FERPA, please e-mail

The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the University to comply with the requirements of FERPA. 

The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202-5901