Continuing Education Units
The Division of Continuing Education at the University of West Florida is authorized to define, administer and award Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in accordance with the guidelines set forth by The Commission on Colleges (COC), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Council on the Continuing Education Unit document and CEU Criteria and Guidelines.
We offer organizations the capability of offering workshops in the classroom or online so employees can earn CEUs. Individuals looking for continuing education to renew a license can find options in our variety of offered workshops and courses.
Offer CEUs for your professionals
The Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a nationally recognized unit of measurement for noncredit formal learning experiences. It is designed to document continuing education work that differs from how academic credit is traditionally awarded.
1 Contact Hour = 60 Minutes of Instruction
10 Contact Hours = 1 CEU
Earn CEUs to renew your license
Need CEUs to maintain your certification? Here is a list of our current CEU courses:
Continuing Education is authorized to offer CEUs with the following organizations:
- Board of Architect and Interior Design
- Building Code Administrators and Inspectors (BCAIB)
- Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB)
- Electrical Contractors Licensing Board (ECLB)
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers (FBPE)
- Florida Board of Psychology
- Real Estate School Permit Holder
Whether you hold your workshop at the University of West Florida or another location, we can administer CEUs.
- License renewal/re-certification programs
- Professional development programs for professionals and paraprofessionals
- Courses, workshops, seminars, institutions and conferences for the general public
- Certificate programs
- Demonstrate that the programs addresses an educational need of the target audience
- Provide an outline of clear, concise, and measurable objectives stating intended learning outcomes that are based on identified needs
- Organizational instructional content to meet program objectives
- Provide qualified instructors for program
- Demonstrate that instructional methods appeal to the diverse learning styles of audience and provide opportunities for learners to be actively involved and interact with instructor(s) and materials
- Establish time requirements
- Use a suitable assessment tool that demonstrate learners have attained the stated outcomes
- Use a suitable evaluation tool
- Provide a statement of who is authorized to verify attendance
- A written request on sponsoring agency/organization letterhead
- A $100 non-refundable application processing fee
- A completed CEU application
- An outline of program objectives
- A timed agenda
- Vita(e) or resume(s) of all program instructors/ presenters
- Participant recording fee ($25/student - provide one check or money order from sponsoring organization)
- Registration forms (provided by UWF)
- Attendance sheets (provided by UWF)
- Evaluations to: The University of West Florida, Division of Continuing Education,11000 University Parkway, Bldg 77, Rm 149, Pensacola, FL 32514; Phone 850-473-7468; Fax 850-474-2134
- Timed and detailed agenda.
- Brief description of each topic/session or copy of handout.
- Outline of program objectives.
- Summary/documentation of types/forms of instructional methods/materials.
- Evaluation tool.
- Resume/vita on ALL presenters/instructors.
- Sponsoring Organization: $100 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Participants: $25 recording fee should be paid directly to the sponsoring organization or to UWF if we're doing on-site registration.