Tuition and Fees
All tuition and fees are assessed on a per credit hour basis by the location of the course, the level of the course, and the student's residency classification for fee purposes. Some online degree and certificate programs are self-supporting and market rate. The following tables outline online tuition for undergraduate and graduate courses.
UWF's Online Campus offers waivers that cover part of the out-of-state tuition portion of assessed tuition. The waivers are available to qualified students admitted to specific online degree and certificate programs. More information can be found at the Online Campus Out-of- State Tuition Waiver Info page.
Note: Self-Supporting and Market Rate programs do not charge more for out-of-state students; therefore they are not eligible for Online Campus waivers. A list of these Self-Supporting and Market Rate programs/courses and their pricing is available on the University’s Tuition and Fees page.
(Includes $15 distance learning and all other mandatory fees)
- Florida in-state tuition per credit hour: $218.98
- (Ex. 3 credit hour course cost is: $656.94)
- Full Out of state tuition per credit hour: $648.37
- (Ex. 3 credit hour course cost is: $1945.11)
- 75% Out-of-state tuition waived, per credit hour: $341.67
- (Ex. 3 credit hour course cost is: $1025.01)
- Florida in-state tuition per credit hour: $384.60
- (Ex. 3 credit hour course cost is: $1153.80)
- Full Out of state tuition per credit hour: $1044.24
- (Ex. 3 credit hour course cost is: $3132.72)
- 90% Out of state tuition waived, per credit hour: $478.83
- (Ex. 3 credit hour course cost is: $1436.49)
Alabama Differential Out-of-State Tuition - Residents of Alabama are eligible for Alabama Differential Tuition, a reduced out-of-state tuition rate. For more information and to verify residency status for tuition purposes, new undergraduate students should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and new graduate students should contact the Graduate School. Currently enrolled students (undergraduate and graduate) should contact the Office of the Registrar.
Active Duty Military - All active duty members of the Armed Forces who are residing or are stationed outside the state of Florida shall have all (100%) out-of-state fees waived by the university. Contact the Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) to apply for the Active Duty Military Out-of-State Waiver.
UWF Short-Term Financial Assistance - The University of West Florida provides eligible students with an alternative to paying the full amount of tuition, housing and meal plans at the beginning of each term in the form of an installment payment plan or a short-term loan.