Securing Your Future. Protecting Our World.
At the UWF Center for Cybersecurity, we’re bridging the gap from the real world to the cyber world.
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity is the regional hub for cybersecurity education and research, including multidisciplinary programs and certificates, research opportunities, outreach activities, and industry partnerships.
National Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE-C) Regional Hub
The University of West Florida has been designated by the National Security Agency as the National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-C) Regional Hub for the Southeast, in partnership with CyberFlorida at the University of South Florida and Forsyth Technical Community College.
UWF Awarded $9 Million NSA Grant to Lead National Cybersecurity Workforce Development Program
The University of West Florida was selected by the National Security Agency to lead the National Cybersecurity Workforce Development Program, CyberSkills2Work, a nationally scalable and sustainable cybersecurity workforce program to rapidly expand the number of qualified cybersecurity professionals. The program is funded by a $9 million, three-year National Security Agency grant and the training is provided by a coalition of 10 institutions designated by the NSA as National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (CAE-C).
The CyberSkills2Work program focuses on recruiting, preparing, and placing transitioning military, first responders, and veterans into cybersecurity work roles in our nation’s Critical Infrastructure Sectors, including defense industrial base, energy, and financial services.
Employers interested in hiring program graduates or organizations interested in supporting the program, please complete the interest form.
Apply Now for the UWF CyberSkills2Work Program
Are you a transitioning military member, first responder or veteran interested in launching or advancing your cybersecurity career?
The UWF CyberSkills2Work Program provides FREE cybersecurity training and career development for eligible transitioning military, first responders and veterans to prepare and transition them into rewarding cybersecurity jobs in our nation’s Critical Infrastructure Sectors. Funded by the NSA, the intensive cybersecurity training and career development program is designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce.
Visit the UWF CyberSkills2Work Program page to learn more.
Department of Defense 2022 Cyber Scholarship Program (CySP) Seeks Applicants
Applications are now being accepted for the Department of Defense 2022 Cyber Scholarship Program (CySP). The deadline to apply is February 1, 2022. Details and link to the registration site can be found here.
Accepting Applications for the Cybersecurity Faculty Development Program
Attention veterans and transitioning military personnel. Applications are now being accepted for the 2022 cohort for our Cybersecurity Faculty Development Program. Get on the road to a career in cybersecurity education. Visit Cybersecurity Faculty Development Program for more details and apply here. The deadline to apply is January 31, 2022.
Free Training for Veterans with UWF CyberSuccess sponsored by Regions Foundation
The Center for Cybersecurity is proud to announce UWF CyberSuccess sponsored by Regions Foundation, an intensive cybersecurity training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce. Funded by the Regions Foundation and offered by the University of West Florida’s Center for Cybersecurity, the program provides FREE cybersecurity training and career development for eligible veterans to prepare and transition them into rewarding cybersecurity jobs along the Cyber Coast.
Cybersecurity For All® Program Nationally Recognized
The Center's Cybersecurity for All® program has been recognized among the 2020 Innovations in Cybersecurity Education by National CyberWatch Center. The program's faculty team is pictured to the right. To learn more, read the National CyberWatch Center press release.
Cybersecurity for All®, is an innovative program to enhance readiness for evolving cybersecurity work roles and address the critical shortage of cybersecurity professionals. Organizations that would like to learn more about how the program can be customized to meet their workforce needs can contact the center at 850.474.3076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can also be found on the Cyber For All page.
In The News
- November 23, 2021| WPEC-TV
- What is Florida doing to protect the state from hackers?
- November 10, 2021| UWF Newsroom| Navarre Press
- UWF Cyber Club places second in regional competition
- November 3, 2021| UWF Newsroom| Rick's Blog| WKRG-TV| InWeekly
- Cybersecurity leader gives $50k, establishes CISO Fund Cybersecurity Scholarship Endowment
- October 5, 2021| The Markup| The Next Web
- How Can You Safely Store Your Vaccine Status on Your Phone?
- October 4, 2021| WEAR-TV
- Cybersecurity expert at UWF says Facebook outage not likely caused by hacker
- September 27, 2021| Townson University
- TU awarded $2M NSA grant to boost cybersecurity education
- August 31, 2021| University of Memphis Media Room| USA Breaking News
- University of Memphis Receives $2M Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Grant
- August 31, 2021| UWF Newsroom| Miami Dade College| Pensacola News Journal| Florida Trend| Miami's Community News
- University of West Florida and Miami Dade College Partner to Enhance Cybersecurity Workforce Development
- August 24, 2021| UWF Newsroom
- UWF cybersecurity program achieves prestigious ABET accreditation and CAE-CD re-designation
- July 30, 2021| Cyber Florida
- No Password Required Podcast: Dr. Greg Hall – a Corvette-driving Research Scientist who built his own video games because his dad knew that the Atari 800 was the beginning of the computer revolution
- July 12, 2021| Pensacola News Journal
- Secure future: UWF program to help veterans get jobs will graduate its first class
- June 29, 2021| Florida Trend
- UWF to lead coalition charged with filling critical shortage of cyber-security jobs
- May 28, 2021| Tampa Bay Times
- St. Petersburg High student’s hack crashed internet for all 145 Pinellas schools
- May 27, 2021| Pensacola News Journal
- Pensacola Girl Scouts + cybersecurity = new summer camp to boost interest in STEM
- May 26, 2021| UWF Newsroom
- UWF and NSA highlight partnership and best practices in cybersecurity education at RSA conference
- March 5, 2021| UWF Newsroom| PNJ| EDSCOOP| WUWF| WJCT
- UWF launches CyberSuccess sponsored by Regions Foundation to prepare veterans for cybersecurity workforce
- February 27, 2021| Pensacola News Journal
- Regional universities play important role in Florida
- February 9, 2021| Tampa Bay Times
- Oldsmar’s water supply attack is a warning, experts say. It could’ve been worse.
- January 31, 2021| Emerald Coast Magazine
- University Of West Florida Eman El-Sheikh Leads Effort To Fill Critical Jobs