Center for Cybersecurity
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity is the regional hub for cybersecurity education and research, including multidisciplinary programs and certificates, research opportunities, outreach activities, and industry partnerships.
UWF has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
UWF is the NSA/DHS Center of Academic Excellence Regional Resource Center for Southeast
As the NSA/DHS Cybersecurity CAE Regional Resource Center for the Southeast, UWF provides leadership to advance cyber defense education among colleges and universities in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Puerto Rico and South Carolina.
New downtown home
Operating out of a state-of-the-art facility in the Studer Community Institute Building in downtown Pensacola, the Center for Cybersecurity celebrated the grand opening of its new home on Monday, April 15, 2019.
The downtown location positions the Center to conduct innovative teaching, research and training for students, professionals and state agency personnel. The cutting-edge site supports full-spectrum cyber operations including detection, incident response, protection, recovery and investigation using hands-on, scenario-based training.
2019 Summer Cyber Camps
The Center for Cybersecurity will host 2019 summer cyber camps for high school students and educators in grades 1-12 at the downtown Studer Community Institute Building. The Guiding Cyber Mentors Camp and Pathways to Cyber Student Camp will each be in June.
Center for Cybersecurity hosts Centers of Academic Excellence Executive Leadership Forum
Academia, industry and government executives addressed national challenges in cybersecurity workforce development, state and industry workforce needs, international cybersecurity education initiatives and industry innovations in cybersecurity at the 2019 Centers of Academic Excellence Executive Leadership Forum. The Center for Cybersecurity at the University of West Florida hosted the forum in partnership with the National Security Agency/U.S. Department of Homeland Security National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Program (CAE-CD and CAE-CO).
- April 24, 2019|Florida Trend| Security Info Watch| PNJ| WEAR-TV| WKRG| UWF Newsroom
- UWF hosts best and brightest minds in cybersecurity at prestigious conference in Pensacola
Name: Steven Bazzell
Title: System Server Administrator
Previous employer: Arma Global/General Dynamics IT
Military service: Staff Sergeant, U.S. Air Force
Areas of cybersecurity expertise: infrastructure and Systems architecture, security and hardening
Interests outside of cybersecurity: 3D Printing, mechanical engineering, spending time with wife and daughters
In the News
- April 25, 2019| Christian Science Monitor
- The other Mueller finding: How one state addresses Russian hacking risk
- April 25, 2019| Yahoo Finance| Help Net Security| TMCNet| Einpresswire| The Pilot-News| Valley City Times-Record| Wapakoneta Daily News| Malvern Daily Record| ForexTV| Insurance Technology
- Majority of SMB Leaders Say They Would Pay Ransom to Have Stolen Data Returned
UWF Center for Cybersecurity Blog
- December 08, 2018 12:30Cybersecurity ambassadors open students' eyes to the dangers of identity theft
- November 28, 2018 12:30Target Red Team senior engineer returns to alma mater to share advice, develop recruiting pipeline
- October 27, 2018 10:30Talented teenagers impress Congressman Gaetz at UWF