Securing Your Future. Protecting Our World.
At the UWF Center for Cybersecurity, we’re bridging the gap from the real world to the cyber world.
The UWF Center for Cybersecurity is the regional hub for cybersecurity education and research, including multidisciplinary programs and certificates, research opportunities, outreach activities, and industry partnerships.
National Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE-C) Regional Hub
The University of West Florida has been designated by the National Security Agency as the National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-C) Regional Hub for the Southeast, in partnership with CyberFlorida at the University of South Florida and Forsyth Technical Community College.
Night of Cyber Returns
Please join the UWF Center for Cybersecurity team and cybersecurity industry leaders for the 2021 UWF Night of Cyber on October 21st, from 5:30 - 6:30 pm CST.
In recognition of Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week, this virtual event will include information on cybersecurity careers, UWF cybersecurity programs and activities, and the 2022 UWF Summer GenCyber camps for students and teachers. The UWF Cybersecurity Ambassadors will also share a presentation.
Night of Cyber will also feature a career panel of industry leaders to offer insights and answer questions on how to get into and succeed in a cybersecurity career, and the evolving cybersecurity field. Students, teachers, parents, and anyone else who is interested in a cybersecurity career are welcome to attend!
Registration is required. Sign up here.
If you have any questions, please contact us email@example.com or call 850.474.3076.
Free Training for Veterans with UWF CyberSuccess sponsored by Regions Foundation
The Center for Cybersecurity is proud to announce UWF CyberSuccess sponsored by Regions Foundation, an intensive cybersecurity training program designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce. Funded by the Regions Foundation and offered by the University of West Florida’s Center for Cybersecurity, the program provides FREE cybersecurity training and career development for eligible veterans to prepare and transition them into rewarding cybersecurity jobs along the Cyber Coast.
UWF Awarded $6 Million Grant to Lead National Cybersecurity Workforce Development Program
The University of West Florida was selected by the National Security Agency to lead a coalition of 10 CAE designated institutions to establish a workforce development program to address the national shortage of qualified cybersecurity professionals. The program, funded by a two-year, $6 million NSA grant, focuses on recruiting, preparing, and placing transitioning military and first responders into cybersecurity work roles in critical infrastructure sectors, including financial services, defense industrial base, and energy sectors.
Employers interested in hiring program graduates or organizations interested in supporting the program, please complete the interest form.
Center for Cybersecurity Launches UWF CyberSkills2Work Program
The UWF CyberSkills2Work Program provides FREE cybersecurity training and career development for eligible transitioning military, first responders, and veterans to prepare and transition them into rewarding cybersecurity jobs in our nation’s Critical Infrastructure Sectors, including financial services, defense industrial base, and energy sectors. Funded by the NSA, the intensive cybersecurity training and career development program is designed to grow and diversify the cybersecurity workforce.
Visit the UWF CyberSkills2Work Program page to learn more.
UWF re-designated as Cybersecurity Regional Hub
The University of West Florida has been re-designated by the National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security as the Southeast Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (CAE-C) Regional Hub. The UWF Center for Cybersecurity has served as the Southeast regional hub since 2017, providing leadership in cybersecurity education among colleges and universities in five states and Puerto Rico. UWF’s role now expands to lead cybersecurity education efforts in a broader region that includes eight states—Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, along with Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Read the full story here.
NSF Cybercorps® Scholarship for Service / UWF Argo Cyber Emerging Scholars (ACES)
The CyberCorps® Scholarship for Service (SFS) program aims to recruit and train the next generation of highly skilled cybersecurity professionals to meet the evolving cybersecurity mission for federal, state, local, and tribal governments. The Argo Cyber Emerging Scholars (ACES) program will establish a cybersecurity community of practice to grow and sustain a superior cybersecurity workforce through scholarships, professional development, high-impact learning practices, hands-on cybersecurity skills development, transfer pathways, and community and employer partnerships.
The application is open through March 31, 3021. Visit the Argo Cyber Emerging Scholars page to learn more and to apply.
Cybersecurity For All® Program Nationally Recognized
The Center's Cybersecurity for All® program has been recognized among the 2020 Innovations in Cybersecurity Education by National CyberWatch Center. The program's faculty team is pictured to the right. To learn more, read the National CyberWatch Center press release.
Cybersecurity for All®, is an innovative program to enhance readiness for evolving cybersecurity work roles and address the critical shortage of cybersecurity professionals. Organizations that would like to learn more about how the program can be customized to meet their workforce needs can contact the center at 850.474.3076 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can also be found on the Cyber For All page.
In The News
- October 5, 2021| The Markup| The Next Web
- How Can You Safely Store Your Vaccine Status on Your Phone?
- October 4, 2021| WEAR-TV
- Cybersecurity expert at UWF says Facebook outage not likely caused by hacker
- August 31, 2021| University of Memphis Media Room| USA Breaking News
- University of Memphis Receives $2M Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity Grant
- August 31, 2021| UWF Newsroom| Miami Dade College| National Cyber Security News Today| Pensacola News Journal| Florida Trend| Miami's Community News
- University of West Florida and Miami Dade College Partner to Enhance Cybersecurity Workforce Development
- August 24, 2021| UWF Newsroom
- UWF cybersecurity program achieves prestigious ABET accreditation and CAE-CD re-designation
- July 30, 2021| Cyber Florida
- No Password Required Podcast: Dr. Greg Hall – a Corvette-driving Research Scientist who built his own video games because his dad knew that the Atari 800 was the beginning of the computer revolution
- July 12, 2021| Pensacola News Journal
- Secure future: UWF program to help veterans get jobs will graduate its first class
- June 29, 2021| Florida Trend
- UWF to lead coalition charged with filling critical shortage of cyber-security jobs
- May 28, 2021| Tampa Bay Times
- St. Petersburg High student’s hack crashed internet for all 145 Pinellas schools
- May 27, 2021| Pensacola News Journal
- Pensacola Girl Scouts + cybersecurity = new summer camp to boost interest in STEM
- May 26, 2021| UWF Newsroom
- UWF and NSA highlight partnership and best practices in cybersecurity education at RSA conference
- March 5, 2021| UWF Newsroom| PNJ| EDSCOOP| WUWF| WJCT
- UWF launches CyberSuccess sponsored by Regions Foundation to prepare veterans for cybersecurity workforce
- February 27, 2021| Pensacola News Journal
- Regional universities play important role in Florida
- February 9, 2021| Tampa Bay Times
- Oldsmar’s water supply attack is a warning, experts say. It could’ve been worse.
- January 31, 2021| Emerald Coast Magazine
- University Of West Florida Eman El-Sheikh Leads Effort To Fill Critical Jobs