Open Enrollment for Plan Year 2023
The State of Florida conducts an annual open enrollment period to give employees an opportunity to review and/or make changes to insurances. Here you will find information on making your selections and the process for ensuring your insurances are properly established.
Requests to change plan elections with the State of Florida may be made during this annual event. If you have additional questions not answered in the below material, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 and ask to speak with a Benefits Specialist.
Open Enrollment Election Period:
October 10, 2022 - October 28, 2022 (Ends at 6:00 PM Eastern Time)
Effective Date for Changes: January 1, 2023 (Payroll deductions begin the first paycheck in December, 2022)
Please review your Open Enrollment package, which will be mailed in October. Beginning Oct. 1, 2022, visit mybenefits.myflorida.com to learn what’s new this Open Enrollment period. A summary of the news items for this year is also available on our HR Open Enrollment page, including the What’s New for 2023 overview.
Remember that enrollment into benefits at UWF is a two-step process.
- Sign up online with People First (see “People First Website Tips" below or attend an Assistance Session) or by calling 866-663-4735.
- Provide UWF Human Resources with a Confirmation of Benefits statement from the People First website in hard copy, email or fax format.
Assistance Sessions for help with Open Enrollment and the People First website will be held via Zoom.
The dates and times of the Assistance Sessions are as follows:
- Monday, October 10, 9:30-10:30 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2:30-3:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 18, 9:30-10:30 am
- Tuesday, October 25, 2:30-3:30 pm
- Friday, October 28, 2:30-3:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 26, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (please schedule an appointment by emailing Elsie Rivera)
For each of these sessions, please sign up on the Professional Development Learning Library or by calling 850-474-2694.
- General - The People First website has been redesigned so that more up-to-date browsers such as Google Chrome can now be used. If you have previously saved settings for this site in Internet Explorer, those should be reset, as Compatibility Mode is no longer needed and will result in errors. There have not been changes to the web address (People First), User IDs, or passwords with the upgrade to the new portal.
- User ID – A six- or seven- digit number assigned when first loaded into the People First system as an employee. The number is listed on your benefits statements that come by mail from People First or can be obtained online by clicking "Forgot Login ID."
- Password Reset – On the website there is a link for “Forgot Your Password?” that will guide you through the process, which requires a verification code that can be sent via text or email. UWF Human Resources does not have access to passwords or capability to reset your password.
- User ID Lookup and Password Reset video - For additional information on looking up your People First ID or resetting your password, please view the video provided by the Florida Department of Management Services.
- Step-by-Step Assistance – For additional help with the enrollment process, refer to our People First Benefits Enrollment guide or attend an Open Enrollment Assistance session.
Prior to Open Enrollment, employees will be prompted to certify details on each of their dependents, including eligibility, date of birth, and Social Security number. Be prepared to provide this information when signing into the People First site.
Following Open Enrollment, the State of Florida will conduct an audit of all dependents by requesting documentation on each new dependent enrolled in an insurance plan. More information is available on the Dependent Eligibility Verification page of the MyBenefits site.