Enrolling in UWF Benefits
Full-time permanent staff and faculty are eligible to enroll in insurance plans following their initial date of employment. New hires are strongly encouraged to speak with a Human Resources Benefits Representative to create a smooth enrollment experience. All payroll deductions must be set up locally within our office and cannot be assured by only enrolling with People First. Please call our Benefits Team at 850-474-2604 for more information.
How to Enroll in Pre-Tax Plans
- Choose insurance plan(s) with company/companies of your preference.
- Complete enrollment with People First via phone call, or online (assistance is available in Human Resources).
- Submit a confirmation statement to the Human Resources Benefits Section to ensure proper setup of payroll deductions.
How to Enroll in Post-Tax Plans
- Complete enrollment with the Gabor Agency (local representative Samantha Wells is available to meet with you; contact her at 850-291-5379).
- Notify the Human Resources Benefits Section to ensure proper setup of payroll deductions.
When reviewing your benefit choices be sure to read the materials/brochures provided by People First. These can all be found at the State of Florida MyBenefits web site. Included on this site is the current Active Employees Benefit Guide, which is a comprehensive overview of all benefits offered to state employees.