Express Admission to a Master's Program
Express admission is an exclusive admissions procedure to quickly admit UWF undergraduate students to our master's programs. Express admission allows for high-performing UWF undergraduate students to continue their graduate study at UWF by going through an expedited application process eliminating the formal graduate admission application, application processing fee, and some, if not all, departmental admission requirements.
- An applicant is eligible to be express admitted and begin a graduate program for up to four semesters after graduating from UWF (e.g: a student who graduates in the Spring semester must be admitted with an entry term no later than the following year's Summer semester).
- Have a UWF institutional GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Must be nominated by the chairperson of the proposed master's program
- Must not have submitted a regular graduate application to UWF already
- Must meet published UWF graduate admission criteria
- Admission is provisional upon the awarding of the baccalaureate degree prior to commencement of graduate study
How to Apply
Contact the department chair of your desired master's program before submitting any graduate application. Ask to be considered for express admission.
- Express admission is not guaranteed. Please talk to the department chair of the proposed master's program to explore the possibility. Some programs have higher minimum requirements.
- Some departments allow a waiver of the graduate admission test (i.e., GRE, MAT, or GMAT). Check with the graduate department regarding test and other admission requirements.
- Some departments do not participate in express admission. These include (but are not limited to) Family Nurse Practitioner and Educational Leadership Certification.
- Other restrictions may apply.