Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Title IV Authorization | University of West Florida
Skip to main content

Title IV Authorization

Federal financial aid awards (Pell Grant, TEACH Grant, SEOG, and Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and PLUS Loans) can only be used to pay for tuition and fees, housing, meal plans, and the student ID card. Students may use their federal financial aid to pay other charges on their account by signing the Title IV Authorization in My Messages. This authorization gives UWF permission to apply federal aid to miscellaneous charges on the student's account, such as bookstore charges, library fines, and student health center fees. This electronic authorization will be valid for all subsequent semesters until the student submits a written request to Student Accounts to cancel the authorization.

Note: Regardless of a signed Title IV Authorization, federal financial aid cannot be used to pay penalty fees, such as late fees, excess hours, and repeat course surcharges. After paying allowable charges, excess federal aid will be refunded, leaving penalty fees outstanding. Students are responsible for paying these fees.  Other types of aid, such as institutional, state, or private scholarships/loans can be used to pay penalty fees.