Information regarding Commencement for Online Students
Online graduates are welcome to participate in any of our Commencement ceremonies, however, if you do not reside locally and cannot attend campus to gather what you need we hope that the information provided on this page can be some assistance to you. We have included information for participation whether you can join us for Commencement or would like to participate virtually.
- Make sure you meet your degree requirements! Consult your Advisor and monitor your progress on your DegreeWorks audit. Contact your Academic Department for any needed updates.
- Be sure to review your Contact and Privacy Information in your and make any necessary changes. *Your name CANNOT be printed in the Commencement program if you have a Privacy Restriction enabled on your account.
- Make sure you have an active graduation application for your intended term of graduation. Make sure your name and mailing address are correct for accurate processing of your diploma.
- Students with any federal loans are required by law to complete exit counseling at studentloans.gov.
- Order your regalia! Contact the UWF Bookstore at (850) 474-3092 or go to Bookstore/Herff Jones for more information. The Bookstore began taking pre-orders for graduation supplies on October 1. Cap and gown orders must be preordered by October 25th. Students who pre-order save 25% on the price of cap and gown packages. The deadline to complete your order: October 25th.
- RSVP for Commencement. You MUST RSVP to participate in the ceremony IN PERSON.
Online graduates who do not reside locally and are unable to attend the ceremony in person may have their name announced during the ceremony. Online students must complete the ONLINE GRADUATE FORM FOR COMMENCEMENT one week prior to the ceremony in order to be included in the ceremony. Make sure to include your name as you want it read, honors designation if applicable (undergraduate only), the college you are graduating from, and the state you reside in. This option is only available to online graduates unable to attend due to distance, at least 200 miles away.
- Review the Virtual Commencement Rehearsal for all of your graduation needs.
- Familiarize yourself with Commencement parking, line-up and plans for the ceremony.
- Contact Alumni Relations to find out more about the benefits of being a member.
- Apply to Graduate School!
Graduation Application date to be included in the program: November 1, 2019
Privacy Information date to be included in the program: November 1, 2019
Stole and Cord Academic Colors
Undergraduate students who are members of certain honor societies and organizations on campus are able to identify themselves with stoles and cords added to their regalia if they so choose. Please review the list to see if your honor society, organization or major has specific academic colors.