Graduate Checklist for Commencement
The Fall 2023 UWF Graduation Fair will be held on September 26 from 1 to 4:30 p.m. and on September 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Commons Auditorium in Building 22.
This event is a two-day, fun-filled, one-stop spot for graduating students of the Spring and Summer 2023 class to order caps and gowns, purchase class rings and other memorabilia, and have any questions answered face-to-face with representatives from multiple UWF departments. There will also be popcorn, candy, and a raffle to win a UWF diploma frame!
The Commencement ceremony is on December 9, 2023. If you haven't already done everything for Commencement, be sure to attend the Graduation Fair above. It will get you all set for the ceremony!
- Make sure you meet your degree requirements! Consult your Advisor and monitor your progress on your DegreeWorks audit. Contact your Academic Department for any needed updates.
- Be sure to review your Contact and Privacy Information in your MyUWF and make any necessary changes. *Your name CANNOT be printed in the Commencement program if you have a Privacy Restriction enabled on your account.
- Make sure you have an active graduation application for your intended term of graduation. Make sure your name and mailing address are correct for the accurate processing of your diploma.
- Complete your Graduating Student Survey. Check your student e-mail for a link to the survey at least two weeks before graduation. The survey is brief and asks about your post-graduation plans. University funding depends on our ability to report this information, so completion of the survey is required.
- Students with any federal loans are required by law to complete exit counseling at studentloans.gov.
- Order your regalia! Contact the UWF Bookstore at 850.474.2150 or go to herff.ly/uwf for more information.
- RSVP for Commencement. You MUST RSVP to participate in the ceremony.
- Contact Alumni Relations to find out more about the benefits of being a member.
- Familiarize yourself with Commencement parking, line-up and plans for the ceremony.
- Apply to Graduate School!
- Complete the POST-Commencement Survey. This survey will be emailed to you within two days of commencement and linked here after the ceremonies. This is not required but strongly suggested so that we can make sure future ceremonies are memorable for graduates and their guests.