Movement Academy is a physical education program for children and adolescents in the surrounding area. Our mission is to offer a unique variety of physical experiences and opportunities while providing an invaluable teaching experience for UWF physical education students.
Movement Academy provides opportunities to cultivate interpersonal skills, increase physical activity and develop positive health habits. Created as a community service for homeschool students, Movement Academy also provides UWF students with first-hand experience teaching Physical Education.
The UWF Movement Academy is based in the HLES Facility, building 72, on the University of West Florida Pensacola campus. The Academy is staffed by UWF students who are seeking undergraduate and graduate degrees in physical education as well as UWF faculty and staff.
The program is scheduled by semester.
|September 14 - November 30, 2021
Skip Days: November 11, 23 & 25
Tuesdays and Thursdays
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Primary Child: $75, Sibling Price: $45
Parents are required to sign the UWF General Counsel's Office Liability Waiver. We ask that students arrive a few minutes before class is scheduled to allow for check-in procedures. Click on the link below to download and print the form. Forms must be completed each year.
Waiver: Individual Participant Release
Ways to Register
- REGISTER ONLINE via the secure online registration system
- Questions? Contact the UWF Continuing Education Student Support Center
**Participants must be between 5-17 years old.
- Value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self- expression, and/or social interaction.
- Appreciate movement and skills that promote physical literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to use communication skills to enhance health and reduce health risks.
- Demonstrate the ability to use decision-making skills to enhance physical education and health.
- Demonstrate the ability to use goal-setting skills to enhance physical abilities and health.
- Demonstrate the ability to practice health-enhancing behaviors and avoid or reduce health risks.
- Demonstrate competency in skills and movements needed to perform a variety of activities.
- Demonstrate understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participate regularly in physical activity.
- Achieve and maintain a health enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibit responsible personal/social behavior that respects self and others in PA settings.
- Participate in enjoyable experiences, while moving to become physically literate and physically active for life!