Become a Certified HVAC/R Technician
New construction is fueling the industry, so there’s no better time to enter the HVAC/R field. This course will prepare you to earn NATE or HVAC Excellence certification in under 12 months! You’ll master core skills like accurate measurement and conversions, heat carrying capacity, condensation and vaporization, and air weight and value.
Heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) technicians, also called installers or mechanics, work on the systems that control the temperature, humidity, and quality of the air in our homes, workplaces, and all other types of buildings.
Many states require that HVAC/R technicians have a license before they are able to work independently. NATE and HVAC Excellence certifications are widely recognized both in the field and by customers seeking service. This HVACR Technician Certification course will prepare you for the HVAC Excellence Core and Professional Technician certifications exams, the NATE Core and Specialty Test certification exams, and the EPA Section 608 certification exam.
This course can be completed in 12 months or less and it will help you:
- Build a strong foundation of HVACR service, repair, and maintenance
- Prepare to sit for the NATE certification exams
- Prepare to sit for the HVAC Excellence certification exams
- Prepare to sit for the EPA 608 Refrigerant Handling exam
Online Certified HVAC/R Technician Training Course
Schedule: You will have 12 months of access to this self-paced course. Start anytime.
Prerequisites and Requirements: This course is designed for HVACR technicians with one-to-two years of industry experience. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Understand basic components of the vapor-compression and refrigeration cycles, functions and characteristics of system refrigerants, piping operations
- Learn proper installation and operation of HVAC systems
- Understand EPA laws related to safe handling and transport of refrigerants
- Proper recovery, recycling, and retrofitting of refrigerants
Exam voucher included in course tuition. Register Now
Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers - Employment and Education
Employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is projected to grow 5 percent from 2021 to 2031, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Commercial and residential building construction is expected to drive employment growth, and job opportunities for HVACR technicians are expected to be good.
- Job Outlook: 5% (As fast as average)
- Number of Jobs, 2021: 394,100
- Median Pay: $48,630 per year
Source: June 2023