CompTIA Security+ Certification
Take your IT career to the next level with a CompTIA Security+ certification. This globally recognized certificate program validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an information technology security career.
CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized certification for IT professionals looking to advance their career in security. This 6-week course establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a foundation for securing intermediate-level cybersecurity positions.
Earning your CompTIA Security+ certification confirms that you not only can apply knowledge of security concepts, tools and procedures to react to security incidents, but you also can anticipate security risks and guard against them. These skills prepare you for roles such as systems administrator, network administrator, security administrator, IT specialists, IT engineers and more.
CompTIA Security+ certification prep emphasizes hands-on, practical skills to ensure security professionals are better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues. In this course, you will master the latest skills and concepts to further your cybersecurity career, including:
- Assess the security posture of an organization’s environment
- Recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, such as cloud and mobile
- Understand and apply relevant laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk and compliance
- Identify, analyze and respond to security events and incidents
Receive hands-on training from highly experienced subject matter experts within the cybersecurity industry that have worked within federal, state and commercial sectors for more than 15 years. This blended program consists of classroom instruction and practical, hands-on training, and utilizes an evolving suite of tools to ensure a collaborative environment among instructors and students. Students also gain lifetime access to the digital portal, an interactive platform for students and instructors to collaborate, communicate and share content related to cybersecurity.
CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep
Dates: March 29 - May 5, 2022
Schedule: Tues. & Thurs., 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Registration: Option to include a new computer in your tuition for an additional $500.
Tuition includes all live instruction, online labs, course books, study guides, administrative assistance and all necessary materials, including a CompTIA Security+ Test Voucher.
- If you are using your own computer, you must have the latest version of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10 operating system and access to the Internet.
- CompTIA Security+ is an industry-standard and carries globally-recognized ISO/ANSI accreditation status
- CompTIA Security+ establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs
- Training aligns with the latest trends and techniques and skills are applicable across more of today’s job roles
Military Spouse Career Advancement (MyCAA) offers up to $4,000 to military spouses interested in pursuing continuing education, degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to careers in high growth, high demand, and portable career fields. Upon creating a MyCAA account the Department of Defense will provide notification of eligibility.
For more information on Military benefits or additional funding opportunities, contact the UWF & Military Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) at 850.474.2550 or email@example.com.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act is a federal grant that covers training expenses for eligible individuals. To check for eligibility and apply for the WIOA grant, contact CareerSource Escarosa.
The WIOA application process takes several weeks, so please do not delay in getting started. Once WIOA grant approval is awarded, contact our Student Support Center for a Letter of Acceptance.
- Network+ certification or equivalent knowledge/experience is recommended.
Network and Computer Systems Administrators - Employment & Education
Demand for information technology (IT) workers is high and should continue to grow as firms invest in newer, faster technology and mobile networks. Employment growth also is expected as the use of IT in healthcare increases.
- Job Outlook: 4% (As fast as average)
- Number of Jobs, 2019: 373,900
- Median Pay: $84,810 per year
Source: August 2021
CompTIA authorized Partner Program follow CompTIA's high standards for IT classes including Official CompTIA Content, teaching courses using the most current exam objectives for each certification, CompTIA instructors certified in the CompTIA courses they teach, and instructors with the CompTIA CTT+ certification or other industry-approved certification or equivalent credential.