CompTIA Network+ Certification
Expand your career in IT infrastructure with a globally recognized CompTIA Network+ Certification. Master basic networking concepts and learn about network design, security, routing and switching, cloud computing, IPv6 and forensics, and common security practices.
CompTIA’s Network+ Certification signifies a professional-level understanding of emerging technologies. This 6-week course equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to troubleshoot, configure and manage both wired and wireless networks in companies around the world.
As companies become more dependent on the interconnectivity of their data sources, the demand for experts in networking rises. As the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles, a CompTIA Network+ certification qualifies you for a diverse range of jobs in networking including service desk analyst, IT support specialist, associate network engineer, data support technician and other related positions.
Gain competency in network and information technology infrastructure including troubleshooting, maintenance and administration of networks. You will master the latest skills and concepts to further your career in IT, including:
- Design and implementation of functional networks
- Configure, manage and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
The CompTIA Network+ certification prep course includes hands-on training from highly experienced instructors, and interactive curriculum and tools that focus on real-world scenarios relevant to the current network environment. You will also receive access to mentors available to coach and assist as you transition into your new networking role, as well as lifetime access to the digital portal, an interactive platform for students and instructors to communicate, problem-solve and share content related to Networking.
CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep
Dates: January 24 - March 2, 2022
Schedule: Mon. & Wed., 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Registration: Option to include a new computer in your tuition for an additional $500.
Tuition includes all live instruction, online labs, course books, study guides, administrative assistance and all necessary materials, including a CompTIA Network+ Test Voucher.
- If you are using your own computer, you must have the latest version of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10 operating system and access to the Internet.
- CompTIA Network+ is an industry-standard and carries globally-recognized ISO/ANSI accreditation status
- Continue your career advancement through additional CompTIA certifications like CompTIA Security+
- Career counseling and mentors available
- Employment in a rapidly growing and in-demand career field
Military Spouse Career Advancement (MyCAA) offers up to $4,000 to military spouses interested in pursuing continuing education, degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to careers in high growth, high demand, and portable career fields. Upon creating a MyCAA account the Department of Defense will provide notification of eligibility.
For more information on Military benefits or additional funding opportunities, contact the UWF & Military Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) at 850.474.2550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act is a federal grant that covers training expenses for eligible individuals. To check for eligibility and apply for the WIOA grant, contact CareerSource Escarosa.
The WIOA application process takes several weeks, so please do not delay in getting started. Once WIOA grant approval is awarded, contact our Student Support Center for a Letter of Acceptance.
- General IT knowledge or experience is preferred.
- CompTIA recommends having the CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent knowledge, and at least 9 months of experience in IT or a networking infrastructure environment.
Network and Computer Systems Administrators - Employment & Education
Demand for information technology (IT) workers is high and should continue to grow as firms invest in newer, faster technology and mobile networks. Employment growth also is expected as the use of IT in healthcare increases.
- Job Outlook: 4% (As fast as average)
- Number of Jobs, 2019: 373,900
- Median Pay: $84,810 per year
Source: August 2021
CompTIA authorized Partner Program follow CompTIA's high standards for IT classes including Official CompTIA Content, teaching courses using the most current exam objectives for each certification, CompTIA instructors certified in the CompTIA courses they teach, and instructors with the CompTIA CTT+ certification or other industry-approved certification or equivalent credential.