CompTIA A+ Certification
Stand out to potential employers with a globally recognized CompTIA A+ certification, and equip yourself with the practical knowledge and skills required to launch a career in information technology.
CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for establishing a career in Information Technology and is the preferred qualifying credential among employers for technical support and IT operational roles. Support specialists, field service technicians, desktop support analysts and help desk tier 2 support all use the skills validated by the CompTIA A+ certification.
IT is a dynamic field, creating new opportunities and challenges each day. Earning your CompTIA A+ certification provides you with the expertise you need to set up and configure a computer network and troubleshoot any networking issues.
In this course, you will gain the foundational skills and knowledge needed to complete tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Configure, install and upgrade operating systems, including Windows, Apple OS X, Linux, iOS, Android and Windows Mobile
- Install and image virtual machines
- Set up and troubleshoot peripheral devices
- Assemble and disassemble computing hardware
- Set up and support basic home and small office networks
- Implement cybersecurity controls appropriate to helpdesk and technical support roles
- Troubleshoot and support end-user access to applications and data
This blended program consists of classroom instruction and practical, hands-on training led by highly experienced instructors. You will receive access to the latest tools to ensure a collaborative environment among instructors and students, access to mentors to coach and assist as you transition into new IT positions, and lifetime access to a digital, interactive platform for students and instructors to collaborate, communicate and share content related to IT.
CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
Dates: February 5 - March 12, 2022
Schedule: Saturdays 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Registration: Option to include a new computer in your tuition for an additional $500.
Tuition includes all live instruction, online labs, course books, study guides, administrative assistance and all necessary materials, including a CompTIA A+™ test voucher.
- If you are using your own computer, you must have the latest version of Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10 operating system and access to the Internet.
- CompTIA A+ is an industry-standard and carries globally-recognized ISO/ANSI accreditation status
- Continuous opportunities for growth through additional CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certifications
- Break into the IT field in just 6 weeks
- Career counseling and mentors available
Military Spouse Career Advancement (MyCAA) offers up to $4,000 to military spouses interested in pursuing continuing education, degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to careers in high growth, high demand, and portable career fields. Upon creating a MyCAA account the Department of Defense will provide notification of eligibility.
For more information on Military benefits or additional funding opportunities, contact the UWF & Military Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) at 850.474.2550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act is a federal grant that covers training expenses for eligible individuals. To check for eligibility and apply for the WIOA grant, contact CareerSource Escarosa.
The WIOA application process takes several weeks, so please do not delay in getting started. Once WIOA grant approval is awarded, contact our Student Support Center for a Letter of Acceptance.
- General IT knowledge or experience is preferred.
Computer Support Specialists - Employment & Education
Demand for information technology (IT) workers is high and should continue to grow as firms invest in newer, faster technology and mobile networks. Employment growth also is expected as the use of IT in healthcare increases.
- Job Outlook: 9% (As fast as average)
- Number of Jobs, 2019: 844,600
- Median Pay: $55,510 per year
Source: August 2021
CompTIA authorized Partner Program follow CompTIA's high standards for IT classes including Official CompTIA Content, teaching courses using the most current exam objectives for each certification, CompTIA instructors certified in the CompTIA courses they teach, and instructors with the CompTIA CTT+ certification or other industry-approved certification or equivalent credential.