Awards for Distinction in Faculty Scholarly, Creative, and Research Activities
The UWF Awards for Distinction in Faculty Scholarly, Creative, and Research Activities recognize excellence in the impact of research, scholarly, and creative activities by UWF faculty and instructors.
Awards are available to recognize individuals with a distinguished record of research, scholarly, and/or creative achievements at UWF. Such achievements may include, but are not limited to:
- Production/publication of research, creative, and scholarly products, including manuscripts, books, performances, or displays.
- Successful engagement in multidisciplinary efforts that culminate in research products
- Scholarly activities that engage and inform the UWF community, both on- and off-campus
- Demonstrated engagement in the pursuit, and securing, of external funds to support research
Nominations must be submitted by a departmental or college leader, with input from the nominee and are due by January 27, 2023.
Full-time UWF faculty and instructors/lecturers (tenure-earning, tenured, or non-tenure-earning) with distinguished records of achievement are eligible for nomination, with the following exceptions:
- Recipients of the UWF Distinguished University Professorship designation are not eligible for nomination
- Faculty who have received Faculty Distinguished Scholarly and Creative Activities within the last three years are not eligible for nomination. A full list of award recipients is included in the Call for Nominations document linked below
As many as six (6) awards are available to recognize individuals with a distinguished record of research, scholarly, and/or creative activities at the University of West Florida. At least half of the awards will recognize a junior-level faculty or lecturer with six or fewer years of service at UWF, while the remaining awards are available to full-time UWF personnel with more than six years of UWF service.
- Nominations are requested from appropriate nominating parties (department chairs, College associate deans, or deans) and should be done in collaboration with the nominee. Faculty may self-nominate by communicating their interest with an appropriate nominating party. It is the responsibility of the nominating party to submit the nomination, which will be completed wholly within the associated Qualtrics form.
- More details about the nominating process can be found in the Call for Nominations document