Welcome to the Human Resources' website. Whether you are a staff member, faculty member, applicant, student, or a member of the public, we welcome your visit and look forward to assisting you. Our website is designed to provide portals for site visitors based on the type of visitor: job seeker, new hire, employee, or supervisor.
News and Announcements:
To learn more about what is happening in Human Resources and around campus, review the articles below.
Quick checklist for the coming June through November Hurricane Season and potential Campus Closings for 2019!
- Please be sure to review your office procedure for closing and securing offices.
- Instructions for leave reporting for each emergency closing will be posted to the Human Resources homepage.
- Remember to bring your leave reports and time sheets up-to-date prior to your departure.
- Please print out a copy of the Insurance Contact Information details.
- Be sure to print out a copy of the Workers' Compensation Report of Injury Form.
- You may want to bookmark the University Police web page
- Remember that official information regarding the closing and reopening for University of West Florida Employees is FM Radio 88.1 WUWF and the UWF Home Page.
Those who will be on the critical work team during the closing should confirm their contact information is up to date with their supervisor prior to departure and review the emergency Worker’s Compensation Injury reporting process for that period.
Job Search Document Retention Process Change for 2019
For PeopleAdmin 7 (PA7) job searches that close in, are withdrawn/canceled, or result in a hire in 2019, HR will now ask for and retain the job search records for the required four year retention period. That means for job postings that close in or result in a hire in 2019, hiring officials will no longer be required to retain search documents for the required four years. For all searches that conclude in 2019 (faculty, staff, OPS, student), the hiring official or designee must scan and forward search related documentation to HR. This includes faculty and staff Sunshine Recruitments, closed searches that utilized an advisory committee, and those searches that only utilized the hiring official to make the hiring decision. Documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hiring officials are still required to retain search documents for job postings that were withdrawn/canceled or resulted in a hire prior to 2019.
Information regarding the Nine Month Faculty Pay Over 12 months option
You are invited to review the materials provided below which outline the characteristics of a deferred pay plan for Nine Month Faculty member’s salary being paid over 12 months. These materials include a review of the advantages and disadvantages of this plan option and its effects on insurance, benefits and retirement, and possible alternatives to participating in the Plan.
The enrollment dates for this program will be March 1, 2019 to June 28, 2019. Those who are enrolled and wish to discontinue must complete the Termination form between March 1, 2019 to June 28, 2019. Enrollment and Termination forms must be sent to Human Resources Bldg. 20 East and received by close of business June 28, 2019.
- Video of the Thursday, April 2, 2015 informational Session - This video is currently unavailable online. We are sorry for any inconveniences this may cause. Please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 if you need to view this video.
- PowerPoint Presentation (It is recommended that you print out this presentation and then view the video)
- Excel Estimating Tool: This is an excel file designed for you to look at how your personal salary and benefits would look in the current pay plan and in the Nine Month Faculty Pay Over 12 months option.
- Once you have viewed the video and used the excel calculation tool, you may complete the Authorization For Nine Month Faculty Pay Over 12 Months Plan Option form and return it to Human Resources, Building 20 East.
- Form to Request Termination of the Nine Month Faculty pay over 12 months Plan Option
- Frequently Asked Questions
To view our job openings, go to jobs.uwf.edu.
We are committed to continuously improving our website. If you have questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, we welcome your feedback.
General Data Protection Regulation
The University of West Florida (UWF), is committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal data. UWF is subject to the European Union General Data Protection Act (GDPR) if data is provided from a location in the European Union. For more information on whether the GDPR applies to your personal data, please visit the EUGDPR website. For detailed information and to learn more, please visit the UWF General Data Protection Regulation webpage or the UWF EU GDPR Privacy Notice. For information as to how this pertains to Human Resources, please visit the UWF Human Resources GDPR Privacy Notice.
Combined Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
The University of West Florida is committed to assisting all members of the UWF community in providing for their own safety and security. The 2018– 2019 Combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the University of West Florida Police Department website.
The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, university police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University of West Florida; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the 2018–2019 Combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, visit the UWF Police Department at Building 94 or request a copy be mailed to you by calling 850-474-2022. This information is required by law and is provided by the University of West Florida Police Department.