News and Announcements:
To learn more about what is happening in Human Resources and around campus, review the articles below.
Welcome to the Human Resources' website. Whether you are a staff member, faculty member, applicant, student, or a member of the public, we welcome your visit and look forward to assisting you. Our website is designed to provide portals for site visitors based on the type of visitor: job seeker, new hire, employee, or supervisor.
NEW FRS Certification Form
Important Notice: As a result of the passage of Senate Bill 7026, the Florida Retirement System (FRS) has updates to the FRS Certification Form that is required to be completed by all new employees.
Note the following regarding the FRS Certification Form:
- Please begin using the new Florida Retirement System (FRS) Certification Forms immediately. (CERT revised 05/2018)
- Please delete/remove all prior Florida Retirement System (FRS) Certification Forms, as prior versions of this form are no longer valid.
- When a prospective employee signs a certification form, they are certifying that they have not retired from any State of Florida administered retirement plan.
- Our organization may be jointly liable for repayment of funds paid out if you hire a retiree in violation of re-employment after retirement provisions.
- Each prospective employee must sign and date this form before the hiring process is completed and an offer of employment is made.
- The signed form will be maintained in the employee’s personnel file.
- Forms are available online.
Human Resources must verify with FRS online that the prospective employee has not received an Investment Plan distribution or retired from the Pension Plan BEFORE they can be hired.
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions or need any assistance at (850) 474-2694.
Quick checklist for the coming June through November Hurricane Season and potential Campus Closings for 2018!
- Please be sure to review your office procedure for closing and securing offices.
- Instructions for leave reporting for each emergency closing will be posted to the Human Resources homepage.
- Remember to bring your leave reports and time sheets up-to-date prior to your departure.
- Please print out a copy of the Insurance Contact Information details.
- Be sure to print out a copy of the Workers' Compensation Report of Injury Form.
- You may want to bookmark the Environmental Health and Safety web page
- Remember that official information regarding the closing and reopening for University of West Florida Employees is FM Radio 88.1 WUWF and the UWF Home Page.
Those who will be on the critical work team during the closing should confirm their contact information is up to date with their supervisor prior to departure and review the emergency Worker’s Compensation Injury reporting process for that period.
To view our job openings, go to jobs.uwf.edu.
We are committed to continuously improving our website. If you have questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, we welcome your feedback.
Combined Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
The University of West Florida is committed to assisting all members of the UWF community in providing for their own safety and security. The 2017 – 2018 Combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the University of West Florida Police Department website.
The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, university police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University of West Florida; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the 2017–2018 Combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, visit the UWF Police Department at Building 94 or request a copy be mailed to you by calling 850-474-2022. This information is required by law and is provided by the University of West Florida Police Department.