Open Enrollment for Plan Year 2018
The State of Florida conducts an annual open enrollment period to give employees an opportunity to review and/or make changes to insurances. Here you will find information on making your selections and the process for ensuring your insurances are properly established.
Requests to change plan elections with the State of Florida may be made during this annual event. If you have additional questions not answered in the below material, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 and ask to speak with a Benefits Specialist.
Open Enrollment Election Period:
OPEN ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE COME BACK LATER IN 2018.
Effective Date for Changes: January 1, 2018 (Payroll deductions begin the first paycheck in December, 2017)
Insurance Plan Information
Plan Changes for 2018
Among the changes for 2018 are alternate HMO providers for many counties, dental plans ending and new ones being offered, and Healthcare FSA changes. A more detailed overview of the changes may be found by reviewing the following resources:
Remember that enrollment into benefits at UWF is a two-step process.
- Sign up online with People First (see “People First Website Tips" below or attend an Assistance Session) or by calling 866-663-4735.
- Provide UWF Human Resources with written Confirmation of Benefits statement.
Assistance Sessions for help with the People First website will be held in the Library Classroom (Bldg 32/Room 123) on the following days/times:
- Tuesday, October 17, 9:30 am
- Thursday, October 19, 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 25, 9:30 am
- Friday, October 27, 2:30 pm
- Thursday, November 2, 9:30 am
For each of these sessions, please sign up on the Reservation Desk or by calling 850-474-2694.
Additionally, an Open Enrollment Assistance Day will be held at the Emerald Coast Campus in Building 2, Room 210 - Students Services on:
- Tuesday, October 24 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (please schedule an appointment by emailing Elsie Rivera).
People First Website Tips
- Step-by-step instructions with screenshots – People First Benefits Enrollment
- Internet browser compatibility information
- User ID – A six- or seven- digit number assigned when first loaded into the People First system as an employee. The number is listed on your benefits statements that come by mail from People First or can be obtained by calling 866-663-4735.
- Password Reset – On the website there is a link for “Forgot Your Password?” that will guide you through the process. UWF Human Resources does not have access to passwords or capability to reset your password.
Address Verification with People First
Be sure to confirm your address for this year’s Open Enrollment.
Dependent Eligibility Certification
Prior to Open Enrollment, employees will be prompted to certify details on each of their dependents, including eligibility, date of birth, and Social Security number. Be prepared to provide this information when signing into the People First site.
Following Open Enrollment, the State of Florida will conduct an audit of all dependents by requesting documentation on each dependent enrolled in the health plan. More information is available on the Dependent Eligibility Verification page of the MyBenefits site.