RN to BSN Resources
Admission and Eligibility Requirements
Separate admission to the School of Nursing is required for the RN to BSN student. Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the RN to BSN program track.
Preferred admission is given to students who have completed all other requirements for the University Baccalaureate degree prior to enrolling in the nursing upper division coursework.
Admission to the University of West Florida.
- Completion of an Associate of Science degree in Nursing, or graduate of a diploma nursing program.
- Documentation of current unencumbered United States Registered Nursing licensure, in all states where the student will be residing during matriculation.
- Immunization documentation is required. For more information click Immunizations.
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 in all college credit coursework.
- Minimum grade of "C" in all 8 Florida Common Course Prerequisites applicable to the BSN degree program.
- Completion of an Associate of Arts Degree or completion of UWF General Education and Florida Common Core requirements, including Gordon Rule.
- Please see the catalog for detailed information. Coursework can be "in progress", but must be completed prior to the student's final semester.
- Satisfactory completion of the foreign language requirement. May be "in progress", but completed prior to students' final semester.
- For assistance e-mail email@example.com or call 833.464.2256
**Although this section refers to prerequisite courses, students must meet admission requirements prior to admission as well as university requirements prior to graduation. Please contact the Admissions Coordinator (Lwyrosdick@uwf.edu) or your advisor in Nursing if you have questions regarding these requirements.
The RN to BSN program cannot accommodate students outside the US at this time.
- State Waiver students may only register on the first day of class.
- Immunization documentation is required. If you are not taking any face-to-face courses at a UWF campus or location, visit the Immunization Waivers and Exceptions page.
- If you are accepted for the term you've requested and then decline to begin, you will need to contact the Admissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be aware that financial aid may not be available in the summer (May and June). If you are dependent on financial aid it is recommended you determine your financial aid status prior to applying for the summer terms.
Upon receipt of program admission notification you are required to;
- Accept the offer of admission within 2 weeks by uploading and emailing all required documents (signed letter of acceptance, handbook signature page, copy of RN license) as indicated in your letter of acceptance.
- Make an appointment with your advisor to register for coursework.
- Activate Argonet accounts and UWF email account.
- Order books for courses do not wait until the first day of class. Go to the UWF Bookstore for a current listing of course textbooks.
- Students will be required to complete a Level 1 background check by the end of their first semester.