10 Skill Development Courses to Give Your Resume a Boost
August 10, 2021 | Heather Fletcher
Does your resume need something extra to give you a competitive edge? Set yourself apart from the competition by adding to your business skill set. Not only do skill development courses help potential employers differentiate among job applicants, but they also demonstrate positive traits like motivation, initiative and a will to succeed.
If you know you have a skill shortage holding you back from your next career, consider an investment in your future by developing these skills that support your core capabilities and can take your job search to the next level. Start by identifying current gaps in your skill set that would give you the knowledge to pursue your next promotion or job search. Once you’ve completed your course, make sure to highlight your new capabilities. This can include.
- Adding to skills or education on your resume.
- Updating your LinkedIn profile.
- Discuss in your cover letter why these skills are important and relevant to your professional success.
UWF Continuing Education offers a wide range of highly interactive courses that you can take entirely online. These convenient 6-week online courses are designed to quickly deliver specific skills and knowledge to help advance professional development.
Increase Your Skill Set Now With These Popular 6-week Courses
- Advanced Microsoft Excel 2016: Develop essential skills in Microsoft Excel 2016 to better consolidate, analyze and report on data.
- Building Teams That Work: Master team-building and management by learning the communication, problem-solving and leadership skills to keep your team on the right track.
- Computer Skills for the Workplace: Learn the fundamental computer competencies to survive and prosper in today's fast-paced workplace.
- Designing Effective Websites: Master the basics of web design and discover powerful graphic design techniques to build effective websites.
- Effective Business Writing: Develop powerful written documents that draw readers in and keep them reading till the end while identifying gaps and eliminating problem areas in your writing skills.
- Fundamentals of Supervision and Management: Become a more effective manager by learning the language of business management.
- Introduction to Google Analytics: Use Google Analytics to make the most of your online traffic.
- Mastering Public Speaking: Become an effective public speaker by discovering how to communicate with ease and authority on the job or in any social setting.
- Professional Sales Skills: Learn how to turn prospects into buyers, provide proper customer service, develop a sales plan, and much more.
- Write Effective Web Content: Develop skills and techniques for writing web content and producing multimedia that speaks to viewers in an engaging, clear and interactive way.
By learning new skills and refining your resume, you can set the course for new and better opportunities in your dream career.
Explore all UWF Continuing Education online skill development courses by category.