Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Dual Enrollment FAQ | University of West Florida
Skip to main content

Dual Enrollment FAQ

Three student walk by the Nautilus Freed sculpture by the HLS.

Frequently asked questions about dual enrollment at UWF.

Frequently Asked Questions

Application Process

  1. Meet with your counselor to see if dual enrollment at UWF is an option. This involves discussing academic requirements, scheduling issues, and expectations.
  2. During your meeting with your counselor, it will be determined if you meet the grade point minimum and test score standards required for dual enrollment at UWF.
  3. Search for UWF courses to see what your options are for scheduling purposes.
  4. Submit the Dual Enrollment Application and Dual Enrollment Approval Form for processing. Additionally, all students are required to complete the UWF Immunization Form using the Immunization Status app in MyUWF. Completion and submission of all forms are required for registration.
  5. Communicate with the UWF Dual Enrollment Program manager for more information about registration, holds, and other issues. If necessary, schedule an appointment.

  1. Attained grade level of at least sixth through twelfth, Section 1007.271(2)F.S.
  2. Earned a minimum of no less than three high school core academic credits.
  3. Possess a minimum, unweighted GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
  4. Have already taken the SAT, ACT, or PERT exams for a course that would require academic placement:
    • SAT minimum scores: Reading and Writing-490; Math-480
    • ACT minimum scores: Reading-19; English-17; Math-19
    • PERT minimum Scores: Reading-106; Writing-103; Math-114

  1. Complete and submit the Dual Enrollment Application‌ for your desired semester of entry. Any communication concerning the receipt of your application and future registration will be sent to the address listed on the application. Please do not use the email account assigned to you by your high school, as filters may block emails from UWF. If there is no break in dual enrollment at UWF for more than two semesters, this application will only have to be completed once.
  2. Complete the Dual Enrollment Approval Form. You will need to consult with your school counselor to identify the course(s) for which you seek registration. We recommend choosing a couple of backup courses, as some courses may not have availability. This form must be submitted for each semester you seek registration as a dual enrollment student at UWF. Please submit this form via email to
  3. Create an ArgoNet account in MyUWF. Once UWF emails you to confirm receipt of your dual enrollment application, follow the instructions included in the email to create your ArgoNet account.
  4. Using your ArgoNet account, log in to MyUWF, to complete the UWF Immunization Form. Use the search bar to find the Immunization Status app, where you will complete the form and provide supporting documentation. This form must be completed before you can be registered for classes.

In general, the dual enrollment application only has to be submitted once. The immunization documents will only have to be submitted once. However, the dual enrollment approval form is required for each semester one is seeking to be registered for dual enrollment. The approval form certifies that you are still meeting the grade point average and test score requirements listed on the approval form. Once you graduate from high school, you will be required to submit an admissions application if you wish to continue taking courses at UWF.

Courses and Registration

In addition to the courses listed below, there is a wide range of academic course offerings available to dual enrollment students. These courses range from STEM courses to World Languages to the Humanities. However, dual enrollment students are best served by lower division courses (1000-2000 level courses) unless prerequisites for 3000-4000 (upper division) courses have been met.

Most Popular Courses for Dual Enrollment at UWF
UWF Course TitleCreditsLong Title
ENC1101 3.0 Composition I
ENC1102 3.0 Composition II
LIT2000 3.0 Into to Literature
MAC1105 3.0 College Algebra
MAC1147 4.0  Precalculus with Trigonometry
STA2023 3.0 Elements of Statistics
POS2041 3.0 American Politics
ECO2013 3.0 Principles of Economics, Macro
AMH2010 3.0 U.S. History to 1877
AMH2020 3.0 U.S. History since 1877
PHI2010 3.0 Intro to Philosophy
PSY2012 3.0 General Psychology
REL1300 3.0 World Religions
CHM2045 3.0 General Chemistry I
CHM2045L 1.0 General Chemistry I Lab
BSC1085 3.0 Anatomy and Physiology I
BSC1085L 1.0 Anatomy and Physiology I Lab
SPN1120C 4.0 Spanish I
SPN1121C 4.0 Spanish II
SPC2608 3.0 Basic Communication Skills
BSC1005 3.0 General Biology - Non-Majors
BSC1005L 1.0 General Biology Lab - Non-Majors
CCJ2002 3.0 Survey of Crime and Justice
COP2253 3.0 Programming - Java
COP2334 3.0 Programming - C++
CIS2530 3.0 Intro to Cybersecurity

However, there are a few types of courses dual enrollment students cannot take:

  1. Courses that are not creditable to both the high school diploma and the college degree.
  2. Any courses for which the student already has credit or may earn AP/IB credit.
  3. Courses graded on an S/U basis, P/F basis, or not graded at all. Students may not AUDIT courses.
  4. Recreation, Physical Skills, or Leisure courses, such as dance, yoga, karate, tennis, or weightlifting.
  5. Courses with unmet prerequisites, including 3000-4000 level courses (allowed if prerequisites met).
  6. Courses designated as limited access, or restricted to specific cohorts, programs, or student types. This includes the Kugelman Honors-designated sections.
  7. Graduate-level courses (5000-8000 level)
  8. Internships, capstones, independent/directed study, study abroad courses or 990 courses.

If there questions or concerns about a particular course and the prerequisites or co-requisites, please contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator.

Visit the Course Search in MyUWF. This will allow you to search for courses by semester. Here you will see the instructor, times/days, location and method of instruction. If there are any prerequisites for the course, they will also be listed here.

Fifteen (15) semester credit hours is the maximum credit hour registration for fall and spring semesters; six (6) semester hours is the maximum for summer registration. For the entirety of the dual enrollment experience, sixty (60) semester hours is the maximum allowed.

Inquiries regarding immunization requirements not answered in the immunization FAQ should be directed to Student Health Services at

Students in the Dual Enrollment Program at UWF are considered non-degree seeking students. Registration for this classification opens last. However, a perk of the Dual Enrollment Program is that students can register once open registration begins, through the Dual Enrollment Program manager. Any classes registered between open registration and the non-degree seeking registration timetable will need to be completed by the Dual Enrollment Program manager by emailing

Students may self-register only after non-degree-seeking registration opens. Please note that an approval form is still required to remain registered. If a student registers for a section they are not approved to take, they will be removed from the class.

To view registration dates, please visit the Academic Calendar.

The dual enrollment program manager registers all dual enrollment students for their classes. If there are no seats available in a requested section of a course, you will be placed on a wait list and notified of your options, which are:

  1. Remain on the wait list, and if a seat becomes available, you’ll be notified via email; OR
  2. Wait until the drop/add week to request to be added to the course/section in question; OR
  3. Request a different section of the course (different date/time); OR
  4. Request a different course altogether. Written approval from your counselor will be required.

Dual enrollment students do not have priority on the wait lists, so it is possible that one could be bumped further down the list by a degree-seeking student.

If you are added to the course section waitlist, you have not been registered for the course. You have been placed in a queue to be allowed to register if a spot opens. As a dual enrollment student, you will need to notify the Dual Enrollment Program manager via to process your registration during the period between open registration and non-degree seeking registration. Once non-degree-seeking registration opens, you will be able to proceed with registration if a spot opens for you.

Please note that if you miss the waitlist release, you will be removed or dropped from the waitlist queue completely. Should you want to return to the waitlist queue, you will need to be added again.

A new approval form is needed only when you are changing the course you are enrolled in. For instance, if you are taking ENC 1101 (CRN 10001) but would prefer a different time for this course and would like to update your registration to ENC 1101 (CRN 10005), then no approval form is needed. However, if you are in ENC 1101 but decide you would like to take MAC 1105, then a new approval form will be required, as this is a different course.

Yes, but only through the last day of the first week of classes (also known as drop/add week) AND with written permission from your counselor. No classes will be added after the first week of classes.

No approval form is needed. An email from your counselor requesting the drop is sufficient documentation. However, the request must be approved by the counselor. If they choose not to send the email requesting the withdraw, then you will need written proof (either via email chain or other) confirming their approval.

Visit Classmate in MyUWF. This application will allow you to see classes for which you are registered as well as those for which you are waitlisted and in what order. Feel free to save a copy and share with your guidance counselor.

Students can view the textbooks and instructional materials required for their course(s) in the My Classes app in MyUWF. Public school students should take their printed schedule to their counselor, who will complete the necessary documents for the textbook voucher. The completed voucher is taken to the UWF Bookstore, where bookstore staff will give you your textbooks. Private school and home educated students are responsible for the costs of their textbooks and instructional materials.

Official academic transcripts are sent to all schools, public and private, at the end of the semester after final grades have been processed. Official academic transcripts for home education students will be sent to the county offices that oversee the home education program. There are no mid-term grades released at UWF.

Coming to Campus

During the dual enrollment application process, all communication will be sent to the email addresses provided on the dual enrollment application. Once classes start at UWF, the UWF email will be the address used for all communication concerning UWF. It is strongly suggested that the UWF email be checked at least three times per week to ensure that deadlines and opportunities are not missed.

Dual enrollment students will still require a parking permit for parking on campus. While the fee will be waived for dual enrollment students, it is important that your obtain your parking permit, as any vehicle parked on campus without a parking permit is subject to a $50 fine. After registration, a communication will be shared with the link for that semester's parking permit request. This form must be completed each semester you plan to attend and park on campus as a dual enrollment student.

You will be charged each year for the $10 Nautilus Card fee. If you choose not to get one, you will still incur the cost but will not have full access to student resources such as the gym and library.


Attending UWF creates a financial obligation. It is important that students understand and acknowledge the financial responsibilities associated with registering and attending the University by completing the Financial Responsibility Agreement. The agreement must be completed every semester before registration.

Early admission is a type of dual enrollment that lets eligible students enroll full-time in classes that count toward their high school diploma and an associate or bachelor's degree. To pursue early admission, you must meet freshman admissions requirements and complete a freshman admissions application with all required items. Applications for early admission are considered in the same way as other freshman applications.

If you are interested and want to know more, please email

In order to be awarded a degree, you must be a degree-seeking student and meet requirements for your specific degree program.

Dual enrollment students are considered non-degree-seeking. As a dual enrollment student, you can still align your coursework with the Associate of Arts General Degree Requirements. If you need assistance aligning coursework with degree options, please reach out.

To be a degree-seeking dual enrollment student, you would need to be admitted through early admission. This option has certain requirements, including your guidance counselor's approval while you are enrolled. 

If you are interested in earning an associate degree at the same time you graduate from high school, reach out to the Dual Enrollment Program manager at