Advanced training in communication is more vital than ever as our society is reshaped by access to information, technological advancement and increases in global interaction. Graduate students in the Strategic Communication & Leadership program will gain skills needed to excel in the career of their choice, from health care and business to nonprofit foundations and education, and more.
Why Study Strategic Communication & Leadership at UWF?
- Exciting Curriculum: Classes are innovative, fast-paced, and hands-on. Students gain professional-quality experience and build their portfolios while studying real-life scenarios and working with actual clients.
- Top-Notch Faculty: Nationally recognized professors work closely with students in and out of the classroom.
- Convenient Class Times: Classes are designed to accommodate students’ busy schedules.
- Career Success: Our graduates are successful in a wide variety of careers in public relations, higher education, media, health care, and more.
- Certificate in Health Communication Leadership: Students earn this graduate-level certificate as they complete the master’s degree without taking additional classes.
What You Will Learn
The Master’s in Strategic Communication & Leadership emphasizes collaborative leadership, effective listening, ethical practices, teamwork, data-driven decision making, and innovative message design.
Students interact with business and community leaders through roundtable discussions and real-world projects. Throughout the program, students create professional portfolios showcasing their best work.
The program culminates with a capstone project offering an in-depth partnership with professionals in each student’s chosen field.
Whether focusing on public relations, advertising, crisis communication or fundraising, effective communication and leadership skills are necessary for navigating the healthcare industry. This program will prepare you to master the strategic communication and leadership skills necessary to serve in healthcare leadership.
Pursuit of this certificate may be applied toward completion of the MA in Strategic Communication and Leadership, though students pursuing another MA may apply.
Public relations and advertising efforts have become increasingly dependent upon the use of social media for successful communication and business strategies. To meet these demands, graduate students can now obtain the Certificate in Social Media for Public Relations and Advertising, either in person or fully online. While pursuing this certificate, you’ll engage in dynamic, hands-on learning experiences to help you develop highly marketable skills based on the latest knowledge and market need. Master skills and knowledge to help you excel in the integrated communication industry, which includes positions in public relations, internal communication, and brand management. Develop a professional portfolio to showcase your expertise.
Skillful communication is a cornerstone of successful leadership. The Executive Communication Graduate-Level Certificate will give you the tools and skills toward dynamic leadership communication. Engage successfully in ethical leadership, workplace morale and innovation, data gathering and analysis, strategic message design and delivery. Give yourself a career booster in advanced training in leadership.