Summer Financial Aid
Financial Aid Packages are initially offered and processed for the fall and spring semesters, but students may have remaining eligibility for the summer semesters. A FAFSA for the applicable aid year and required tasks (if any) must be completed prior to determining summer eligibility.
Students with federal Pell Grant will be automatically reviewed upon their registration for the summer semester. Students are not automatically reviewed for federal loan eligibility upon summer registration and must submit the electronic Direct Loan Request Form via their MyUWF to have loan eligibility reviewed and processed.
Summer funding may include:
- Florida Bright Futures
- Federal Pell Grant
- Institutional Grant Aid
- Federal Direct Loans
- Private Student Loans
Additional Considerations and Eligibility:
- You may be required to be enrolled at least half-time to receive Florida Bright Futures or Federal Pell Grant. Please review enrollment status should you have questions.
- For federal Pell Grant, students may have remaining eligibility if you did not receive 100% between the fall and/or spring semesters; or
- Students may qualify for a third disbursement referred to as Year-Round Pell. To be eligible for a third disbursement, students must be enrolled at least half-time.
- Half-time enrollment is always required to borrow federal loans.
- For federal direct loans, students cannot exceed the annual maximums based on their dependency status and grade level. You may have exhausted your eligibility between fall and spring. More information can be found at StudentAid.gov.
- Please review attendance confirmation, disbursement and course eligibility for financial aid, should you have any questions.
- If summer is your first semester at UWF, please contact our office directly at email@example.com.