Computer Science Scholars
Computer Science (CS) Scholars is a program under the umbrella of the Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering (HMCSE), which is designed to support high-achieving students based on academic merit.
Students will be an active member of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) or the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP), required to participate in reading programs, competitions related to the student’s field of specialization within Computer Science and will be encouraged to engage in research with a faculty member or as part of a student group or as an individual study.
CS Scholars will be able to:
- Gain broader and more in depth perspective of their chosen field in Computer Science, which will increase their chances when applying to graduate school or communicating with future employers.
- Improve and practice their technical skills in a non-classroom setting, which will increase their marketability to employer.
- Interact with faculty directors to gain opportunities for research, participation in competition teams etc. in their respective field of specialization
- Gain priority access to meet with departmental campus visitors/recruiters
- Receive the opportunity for faculty and industry leaders to review their application materials
- Gain the opportunity to wear regalia that will recognize them as being members of CS Scholars, upon graduation.
Please see below for the application packet:
CS Scholars Application Packet
For more information, please contact:
Lecturer, Computer Science
Hal Marcus College of Science and Engineering
Building 4, Room 238