Department of History Scholarships
Information regarding scholarships through the UWF Department of History
The following is a list of scholarships available for History majors. Note that receipt of a scholarship may impact your financial aid, so please check with the financial aid office before applying. The History Department Scholarship Committee has the final determination on who receives these scholarships.
T. T. Wentworth Scholarship - Minimum GPA 3.0. Student majoring in History with emphasis in Archaeology.
Michaela Albon Scholarship - Minimum GPA 3.0. Student majoring in History with emphasis in Pre-Law.
J. E. Bowden Scholarship - Minimum GPA 3.4. Students transferring to UWF from state/junior/community college majoring in History. Must demonstrate leadership and proficiency in oral and written communication.
Elisabeth Crowell Scholarship - Minimum GPA 3.0. Student majoring in History. Must demonstrate good leadership and proficiency in oral and written communication.
John Daniels Heritage Studies Scholarship - Minimum GPA 3.0. Student majoring in History with emphasis in Heritage Studies.
History Faculty Award For Excellence in Writing (Carolyn Knefely Award) - Faculty will nominate outstanding student papers at end of Fall & Spring Semesters.
Submitting for a Scholarship
- Log onto my.uwf.edu with your UWF username and password.
- Search "UWF Scholarship Portal"
- Alternatively, you may go directly to the UWF Scholarship application by logging onto uwf.academicworks.com with your UWF username and password.
- Complete and submit the General Application.
- Review your Recommended opportunities (at the top of the UWF Scholarship Application, hover over 'Opportunities' and then click, 'Recommended').
- Some scholarships may ask additional questions specific to that particular scholarship. Click the 'Apply' button to answer any remaining questions.
- If no action is required on a recommended scholarship, then your general application is all that is required.