The UWF Writing Lab
Welcome to UWF's Writing Lab. The Writing Lab can help. Writing Lab assistants are available to review the mechanics of writing with you and help you upgrade the quality of your papers before you submit them to your professors.
Spring 2021: Hang out with us - virtually!
The UWF Writing Lab is fully online with student writers helping other student writers write better. Monday, February 1 to Monday, April 5, 2021 All times are CST.
- 1. Go to your student home page: myuwf.edu
- 2. Select Writing Lab in Navigate and make your appointment.
- 3. Choose a date and one-hour time block from the schedule below.
- 4. Write your paper.
- 5. Select one of the appointments or virtual walk-in options:
- - Online Interactive Paper Reading
- – Meet your paper reader in Google Meet OWL (Online Writing Lab) Reading
- – Upload your paper in Canvas
Available Appointment Times:
- Mondays, 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Fridays, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m
- Sundays, 8:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Labor Day - M 9/7
Veterans’ Day - W 11/11
Thanksgiving - RF 11/26-11/27 Make your own appointment.
Online via Navigate – On the hour
Does your grammar need to get in shape and experience a healthy change? Grammarcise with Grammar Fitness Coach Hixon, who will help you boost your grammar skills. Work out your grammar with some of the following Grammarcise routines, starting Monday, June 7!
- Comma Therapy
- Punctuation Power
- Fragment Fitness
- The Diction Diet
- Healthy Syntax
- Sentence Balance
- Diction Drill
- Linked Here: Zoom Room
- Meeting ID: 841 4963 0560
- Passcode: 021360
- Monday, February 1
- Monday, February 8
- TWO SKILLS: Semicolons & Colons AND
- Sentence Errors
- Monday, February 15
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Monday, February 22
- Pronoun Reference and Antecedent Agreement
- Monday, March 1
- Pronoun Case
- Monday, March 8
- Monday, March 15
- Monday, March 22
- TWO SKILLS: Dangling and Misplaced Modifiers AND
- Verb Forms & Tenses
- Monday, March 29
- TWO SKILLS: Faulty Comparisons AND
- Monday, April 5
- TWO SKILLS: Adjective & Adverb Use AND
- Capitalization, Hyphenation, Italicization & Quotation Technique
About Us: Writers Helping Writers Write Better
Welcome to UWF's Writing Lab.
Need help writing a paper? Having trouble using commas and semicolons, choosing the right pronoun, or making your subjects and verbs agree?
The Writing Lab can help. Writing Lab assistants are available to review the mechanics of writing with you and help you upgrade the quality of your papers before you submit them to your professors. Face-to-face paper readers, online-interactive paper readers, and OWL (Online Writing Lab) readers are available to help you with your papers from invention to completion. Paper readers won’t write your papers for you, but they will help you write them better.
The UWF Writing Lab is staffed with undergraduate and graduate paper readers and tutors who are trained to assist their fellow students with content, manuscript formatting, documentation style, and the conventions of writing (grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.). As students themselves, paper readers and tutors know firsthand how hard it can be to consistently produce quality written work, but they also know how satisfying it can be to communicate ideas effectively.
The UWF Writing Lab is not just a writing lab; it is the Writing Lab at UWF!